Thread: outgoing calls dont always ring

Default outgoing calls dont always ring

On some of the calls I make, the receiving number does not ring, but the call goes through. On other calls, it rings just fine. Since it rings fine sometimes, I cant see how it could be a port forwarding issue but Im open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Kev

Default Re: outgoing calls dont always ring

It could still be a port forwarding issue if you don't have the latest suggested ports open...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but UDP ports 5004-65000 should be forwarded to the ATA.

Also, when I first got VOIPo, I was experiencing a lot of issues. It turned out to be my DSL modem went bad, was losing DSL sync every so often. New DSL modem, no issues.

I have had that happen a couple of times, but it has not occurred for a couple weeks now. It does not sound like a port issue to me. What ATA are u using?

Quote Originally Posted by kevm View Post
    On some of the calls I make, the receiving number does not ring, but the call goes through. On other calls, it rings just fine. Since it rings fine sometimes, I cant see how it could be a port forwarding issue but Im open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Kev

using the pap2t

VOIPoLucas Guest

Hi,

Are you using cable or DSL? If cable and your provider supports it, you might want to try bypassing your router and putting the PAP2 right into the cable modem for a little bit of testing. This is a pretty quick way to find out if it's something NAT-related.