Thread: Porting problem from Vonage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Porting problem from Vonage

I just signed up with Voipo, and I am in the process of trying to port my number from Vonage.

I just got a notice from Voipo support, stating that the number porting was rejected for an address mismatch. I've double and triple checked that the address on file in the Vonage dashboard is my current address and the address I submitted to Voipo. I am in Wisconsin, and the information Voipo formarded to me was somewhere in Grand Rapids, MI.

I've emailed back to support, but I'm not sure what to do at this point if Voipo can't help... I could call Vonage, but I think that would be like banging my head against a brick wall. I don't want to move to Voipo without keeping my number, that just isn't an option.

Any advice?

Default Re: Porting problem from Vonage

Keep working with support. I went through hell porting from VoicePulse with the same kind of message you're getting (it was all caused by VoicePulse, not VOIPo). Eventually, Tim got involved and worked directly with VOIPo's carrier to get the port done. It took about 2 months, but Tim did say that he never saw a port like that before. Let's hope you don't break my record.
    Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

Quote Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
    I just signed up with Voipo, and I am in the process of trying to port my number from Vonage.

I just got a notice from Voipo support, stating that the number porting was rejected for an address mismatch. I've double and triple checked that the address on file in the Vonage dashboard is my current address and the address I submitted to Voipo. I am in Wisconsin, and the information Voipo formarded to me was somewhere in Grand Rapids, MI.

I've emailed back to support, but I'm not sure what to do at this point if Voipo can't help... I could call Vonage, but I think that would be like banging my head against a brick wall. I don't want to move to Voipo without keeping my number, that just isn't an option.

Any advice?
    If the address we sent was the one that the carrier said is on file (Grand Rapids) we can just resubmit with that.

Do you have a ticket number?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    If the address we sent was the one that the carrier said is on file (Grand Rapids) we can just resubmit with that.

Do you have a ticket number?
    Yeah, YYR-700099. Don't worry about it yet, it sounds like support is still working on it. I haven't even gotten my ATA yet.

I'll update the thread if I run into roadblocks with support.