Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: voipo to voipo calls failing

Default Re: voipo to voipo calls failing

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    It will no longer matter what server you are registered to in correlation to who you are placing an on-network call to.

There are some current known issues / restrictions with VOIPo to VOIPo and simultaneous ring & call recording.
    And to that I would add an issue with simultaneous ring when dialing VoIPo via SIP URI. Ring-in-order failed to forward to the mobile when dialing a VoIPo number (calling from another SIP provider) using SIP URI, but worked correctly using the PSTN number.

It's getting better, I hope you continue to work on these remaining bugs.

Hi Brandon.

I to had VOIPo to VOIPo issues on 10/19/2010. I want to know if I need to do anything at this point? I will make a few test calls to my parents (other VOIPo party).

On 10/19 around 6:20PM central time, my dad called. We got disconnected around 30 seconds later with a busy signal. My dad thought he hit something on his cordless phone and I called him back, but same thing, disconnected and busy signal. I called him 5 times and we just got frustrated and called it a night as we kept getting disconnected.

Please advise and if you need more information from me. Thanks.

Justin

Brandon, my business partner and I have been having terrible problems with voipo to voipo calls since we switched to voipo, many months ago. 1 legged calls, disconnects, takes several dialings to connect, terrible call quality, etc. many, many calls to support, changed servers several times and even moved us both to same server (Texas) and it got even worse. He's in Toledo, so I had them move him to the East Coast Server and me (Anaheim) to the West Coast Server, but I'm not expecting much improvement. Can you give me the exact instructions on how to set up a sip shortcut? I've used this trick on some of my SIP trunk customers' systems with good results. I know how to do it with Asterisk IP PBX systems, but am not sure how to do it with VoIPo. Jim Sheehy @714-398-8249

Which phone number do you put in the Phone number field? My phone number or the other phone number? I'm pretty sure that "sip:9999999999@in.voipwelcome.com" is what goes in the "Forward to" field, where 9999999999 would be the voipo number I want to call. Do I use my voipo number in the "Phone Number" field or his number? I've used this trick with some of my SIP Trunk customers and know how to do it with an Asterisk IP PBX, but not with VoIPo. Thanks mucho. Jim Sheehy@714-398-8249

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Which phone number do you put in the Phone number field? My phone number or the other phone number? I'm pretty sure that "sip:9999999999@in.voipwelcome.com" is what goes in the "Forward to" field, where 9999999999 would be the voipo number I want to call. Do I use my voipo number in the "Phone Number" field or his number? I've used this trick with some of my SIP Trunk customers and know how to do it with an Asterisk IP PBX, but not with VoIPo. Thanks mucho. Jim Sheehy@714-398-8249
    Do you mean for call forwarding?

You should always just use the phone number.

The SIP address stuff with @in.voipwelcome.com is only for advanced SIP calling from outside the VOIPo network to within the network.

Try using just the destination phone number in the phone number field.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Brandon,

FYI: I just sent you a message about another instance of Voipo-to-Voipo call problems.

Best,
    -Bret