Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not so good...

Default Not so good...

Before you drink the kool aid, keep in mind that VOIPO support does NOT open until 10:00am CST, NOR is it open on weekends... basically, it's not open when most people are ACTUALLY HOME! I guess this is what they mean by "100% US Based Support".

So, I have Verizon FIOS... and for the past MONTH, my VOIP has not worked... it hasn't worked since I ported it over from Teleblend, where it worked since they bought sunrocket.

The first week I was home from work during the small time when tech support actually works, they told me that I needed to enable SIP traffic on the Verizon router... So I tried... the only problem is that I DONT HAVE ANY WAY TO GET INTO MY VERIZON ROUTER... IT'S NOT THE ACTIONTEC ROUTER!!! Verizon says that they aren't blocking any sip traffic on this, and that my router is completely wide open.

I recently took my device over to a friends house who does not have verizon... guess what... it didn't work there either. After a month, this is a bad device (what I told them the first week), and I can't get in touch with them to tell them...

I will be going back to Sunrocket... Hostgator take note, you need to sever the relationship with this terrible company before they make you look bad.

Default Re: Not so good...

Quote Originally Posted by thestooge1 View Post
    Before you drink the kool aid, keep in mind that VOIPO support does NOT open until 10:00am CST, NOR is it open on weekends... basically, it's not open when most people are ACTUALLY HOME! I guess this is what they mean by "100% US Based Support".

So, I have Verizon FIOS... and for the past MONTH, my VOIP has not worked... it hasn't worked since I ported it over from Teleblend, where it worked since they bought sunrocket.

The first week I was home from work during the small time when tech support actually works, they told me that I needed to enable SIP traffic on the Verizon router... So I tried... the only problem is that I DONT HAVE ANY WAY TO GET INTO MY VERIZON ROUTER... IT'S NOT THE ACTIONTEC ROUTER!!! Verizon says that they aren't blocking any sip traffic on this, and that my router is completely wide open.

I recently took my device over to a friends house who does not have verizon... guess what... it didn't work there either. After a month, this is a bad device (what I told them the first week), and I can't get in touch with them to tell them...

I will be going back to Sunrocket... Hostgator take note, you need to sever the relationship with this terrible company before they make you look bad.
    If I use my imagination, this post sounds like spam...and I don't mean the kind that comes in cans...

That would be SOME imagination, as you apparently don't know what spam is...

Here, let me help...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(electronic). You may want to pay attention to the part that references "unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately".

This, sir, is neither a bulk post, nor is it indiscriminate... It is simply the truth about the horrible service that voipo has.

I don't even have to close my eyes and use my imagination to see you as a Voipo employee... could you please get back to work so that I am not on hold for an hour?

Now that it is after 10:00 CST (an hour and a half after I've been at work), I will call the tech support... of course there is nothing that they can do for me as I AM AT FREAKING WORK AND NOT AT HOME WHERE THE DAMN VOIPO HARDWARE IS.

Useless company...

WOW! After being on hold for 45 minutes, a rep answered the phone and GUESS WHAT- he said I need to be in front of my router.

Well, at least it's 100% US based support... On second thought, ya know what, I would sacrafice a bit of a language gap to actually be able to have my phone fixed.

Of course he said I could have a pro-rated refund... never mind that I have not had one second where this thing actually worked.

Voipo- The LIKEABLE Phone company.

I don't know why Tech Support keeps saying that the router needs to have port forwarding enabled. All the home routers I've owned don't need explicit forwards for the ATAs I've owned.
    Never had an issue related to this.

I think the port forward issue is level 1 tech support's first wild guess.

Sorry you're having issues.

Unfortunately, if the issue is not on our end so it wouldn't be possible for us to just make a change on our end and we would need you in front of your equipment to make changes to it.

You're right in that we don't offer 24 hour support. Our support opens at 9AM Central and phone-based support opens at 10AM Central. It's standard for phone companies to only offer support during business hours. Very few offer support outside of those hours. You can always e-mail support@voipo.com for assistance and you'll likely get a response even after hours, but worst case you'll get a response during business hours the next day.

With that said, we're happy to schedule a time outside of business hours to help you troubleshoot. If there is a time you're available, just ask to schedule an after-hours troubleshooting session in a ticket and we'll accommodate it. If you have a ticket number, I'm happy to have someone look you up to try to schedule an appointment with you.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 12-14-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thank you Timothy... just seems like alot to do considering that I have taken the device to a friend that doesn't have verizon and it still didn't work... If the issue is with the device you sent me, it would make sense that it IS on your end. Seems to me that VOIPO would just replace the device to ensure that this wasn't the issue (again, I had teleblend without a problem for years). If it turns out that the device isn't the culprit, your can re-issue it (after all, the device I received was NOT new, so I assume you reissue)

I will email them now and see if I get a response.

This is my last attempt to fix this...
    Last edited by thestooge1; 12-18-2010 at 11:52 AM.

I sent an email like you said just after my last post.
    Nothing so far. No call. No email...
    Should voipo customers just sit around and wait all day
    Last edited by thestooge1; 12-18-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Thank you Timothy... just seems like alot to do considering that I have taken the device to a friend that doesn't have verizon and it still didn't work... If the issue is with the device you sent me, it would make sense that it IS on your end. Seems to me that VOIPO would just replace the device to ensure that this wasn't the issue (again, I had teleblend without a problem for years). If it turns out that the device isn't the culprit, your can re-issue it (after all, the device I received was NOT new, so I assume you reissue)

I will email them now and see if I get a response.

This is my last attempt to fix this...
    That really doesn't indicate that it's a bad device. Before we can replace a device, we have to go through a series of checks to be sure it's actually defective.

When you plugged it in there, did you reboot ALL of their networking equipment such as router/modem, etc or just plug it in?

I sent an email like you said just after my last post.
    Nothing so far. No call. No email...
    Should voipo customers just sit around and wait all day
    I think there's some misunderstanding.

Our support center is currently closed which is why you're not receiving a reply. It's open Moday-Friday from 9AM - 7PM Central.

As I've said though, if you need after hours support, just let us know via e-mail and we'll reply back to try to schedule a time that works for you outside of business hours. We're always happy to try to accommodate those types of requests.

What is the ticket number from your request so I can take a look at it and try to setup a time on Monday? I would try to help you myself, but I'm not technical so we'll need to get a technician scheduled for this. I'm happy to schedule something after hours on Monday though.

Please provide the ticket number and we'll go from there. We do not have any account in our system with your forum e-mail address so I need something to look up your account such as a ticket number.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 12-18-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thank you.

The ticket number is JLE-240187

I will be available after 8:00pm cst.