Thread: How To Port From Ooma to Voipo?

Default How To Port From Ooma to Voipo?

How To Port From Ooma to Voipo?

Currently an active Ooma customer and I have the Obhai 202.

I have read there have been issues porting away from Ooma to other providers.

Can you tell us approvimately how long an Ooma port takes?
    What exactly do you need from the Ooma user portal to satisfy the port requirements?

Thanks!

Default Re: How To Port From Ooma to Voipo?

We port numbers from Ooma all the time...it's pretty routine.

They typically take 3-5 days but all ports are different so there's not a specific way to know until it's submitted.

When you order, you'll get an e-mail with instructions. If you have questions, just contact support@voipo.com for assistance.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the reply.

I got the automated port instructions. However, it is unclear what 'pin' number you require for an Ooma transfer as their are several.

1) There is a Telo handset pin, there is a voice mail pin, and then there is an Ooma account password. Which one do you require?

2) The port authorization requires a dated print out of account ownership. However, the Ooma account detail screen which lists the phone number, owner name, service/billing address is not dated by Ooma. Is that sufficient?

The generic port instructions are unclear. My questions here will probably help others considering a change from Ooma to Voipo.

Thanks.

I will submit a support ticket to get these questions answered so I can begin the port.

I will post the answers so others will know what to do.

Sent a Ticket ID: JWD-895040 at 12:14PM EST to find out what is necessary for the port.

Is there anyone there?

No response to my ticket Ticket ID: JWD-895040 and no response on the forum for days. Stuck in limbo on getting the port set up.

I see several responses to that ticket today. Are you not getting the e-mails? You can see the replies under the Support tab in your control panel but you should also be getting e-mails each time there's a reply. I show 2 replies today.

The forum is not used for support...it's just for customers to meet and chat so it's not an official medium that we monitor.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook