Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respond to VOIPo SMS from remote device?

Default Re: Respond to VOIPo SMS from remote device?

I've developed a daemon in PHP that is effectively an SMS-to-email (and vice versa) gateway, using VoIPo's web-based SMS interface as a sort of API. If I send an email to 2125551234@sms.mydomain.com, it turns the first 160 characters of the message into a text to the number 2125551234. If I receive a text from 2125551234, I get an email from 2125551234@sms.mydomain.com

I've been using it for over a year, and it's just great. If anyone out there wants the script, just ask. You'd need some modest PHP skills to implement it and adjust it for your needs. Some understanding is also needed of how to set up PHP, and how to create a cPanel-Chron or Windows Scheduler job.

I use Bria on Android. I have successfully sent text, the problem is I cant receive them! Only way right now is forward to email, in that case I can just reply there.

What setting do you use in VPanel and Bria to accomplish this? I looked at Bria at one point but I don't believe it did landscape mode so was useless in my car dock if I wanted to make a call. I'm currently using CsipSimple.

If you are talking about incoming settings, I have messed around with a bunch. I tried having it send to my voipo # that just loops the text and is only received online. Currently I just have it sent to my email...You are right about the landscape mode, but this latest Bria works great.

Thanks for the response Russell. For me, not having landscape mode is a real dealbreaker as I occasionally need to use my SIP program while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkerB View Post
    I've developed a daemon in PHP that is effectively an SMS-to-email (and vice versa) gateway, using VoIPo's web-based SMS interface as a sort of API. If I send an email to 2125551234@sms.mydomain.com, it turns the first 160 characters of the message into a text to the number 2125551234. If I receive a text from 2125551234, I get an email from 2125551234@sms.mydomain.com

I've been using it for over a year, and it's just great. If anyone out there wants the script, just ask. You'd need some modest PHP skills to implement it and adjust it for your needs. Some understanding is also needed of how to set up PHP, and how to create a cPanel-Chron or Windows Scheduler job.

could you send me a copy of that?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkerB View Post

could you send me a copy?