Thread: Port fax # for Toll-Free? (Via HG Host TF #)

Lightbulb Port fax # for Toll-Free? (Via HG Host TF #)

I am looking at Hosting at HostGator, and was interested in the offer of a TF # (They said via VOIPo, as I expected). The guy I spoke with did not seem sure about the ability, or inability to port my current TF # (with OneBox) to the service offered.

I am looking to possibly also get the fax service and VOIP from VOIPo to replace eFax service I get from OneBox, and VOIP from Vonage. (Is there still a 3-1 offer?)

The ability to port a number on my cards I've given out over the past few years (nearly 9k), plus those remaining, and is known is of paramount importance, as one might guess.

Default Re: Port fax # for Toll-Free? (Via HG Host TF #)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    I am looking at Hosting at HostGator, and was interested in the offer of a TF # (They said via VOIPo, as I expected). The guy I spoke with did not seem sure about the ability, or inability to port my current TF # (with OneBox) to the service offered.

I am looking to possibly also get the fax service and VOIP from VOIPo to replace eFax service I get from OneBox, and VOIP from Vonage. (Is there still a 3-1 offer?)

The ability to port a number on my cards I've given out over the past few years (nearly 9k), plus those remaining, and is known is of paramount importance, as one might guess.
    Yes, that's no problem. You can use coupon code GATORVIP (must be a HostGator customer and cannot combine with affiliate commissions, referrals or any other discounts) which will give you a free toll-free and fax account with the purchase of a VOIPo line. You would just pay for the usage at the rates listed on http://www.voipo.com/toll-free-numbers.shtml but the number itself would be free.

The only problem here is that you'll need to check with your current fax provider to see if they allow you to transfer the number. Many of the fax services do not allow you to transfer out (number portability rules don't apply to fax numbers).
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Smile Re: Port fax # for Toll-Free? (Via HG Host TF #)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yes, that's no problem. You can use coupon code GATORVIP (must be a HostGator customer and cannot combine with affiliate commissions, referrals or any other discounts) which will give you a free toll-free and fax account with the purchase of a VOIPo line. You would just pay for the usage at the rates listed on http://www.voipo.com/toll-free-numbers.shtml but the number itself would be free.

The only problem here is that you'll need to check with your current fax provider to see if they allow you to transfer the number. Many of the fax services do not allow you to transfer out (number portability rules don't apply to fax numbers).
    Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully, there won't be an issue. It is really a TF voice #, with efax as an added feature, not their solo eFax program. I'll check on the other end now that I know it is possible on the 'gaining' side.

Is the 3-1 ongoing as long as I keep both the hosting and the VOIPo account, or for a limited duration? (So I can compare the savings VS their current offer. . . or is that only your referral, affiliate or other discounts?)

Default Re: Port fax # for Toll-Free? (Via HG Host TF #)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post

Is the 3-1 ongoing as long as I keep both the hosting and the VOIPo account, or for a limited duration? (So I can compare the savings VS their current offer. . . or is that only your referral, affiliate or other discounts?)
    It's something we offer at this time. There's no scheduled end date but we reserve the right to end it at any time.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook