Thread: PBX BETA TESTING *** PHONES - ATAs USED ***

Default PBX BETA TESTING *** PHONES - ATAs USED ***

So what kind of equipment has others been using and how does it work or any problems.

Thanks for your feedback!

Default Re: PBX BETA TESTING *** PHONES - ATAs USED ***

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    So what kind of equipment has others been using and how does it work or any problems.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Chevy,

I've used just about every type of SIP compatible phone and device, Asterisk, Aastra, Cisco, Polycom, etc. I haven't found anything yet that won't work after a bit of tweaking.

That said, Grandstream phones are awful. Their firmware is very buggy, and they have some poorly implemented features... like if you make a duplex (two way) intercom call from one phone to the other, the receiving phone doesn't alert you with a beep or anything. So a coworker can essentially eavesdrop on you with no warning. Also about 10% of their phones seem to go into a boot loop every now and then. They may have finally issued a firmware fix for these issues, but I won't use their phones. Their ATA's are decent for residential use though.

Default Re: PBX BETA TESTING *** PHONES - ATAs USED ***

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Chevy,

I've used just about every type of SIP compatible phone and device, Asterisk, Aastra, Cisco, Polycom, etc. I haven't found anything yet that won't work after a bit of tweaking.

That said, Grandstream phones are awful. Their firmware is very buggy, and they have some poorly implemented features... like if you make a duplex (two way) intercom call from one phone to the other, the receiving phone doesn't alert you with a beep or anything. So a coworker can essentially eavesdrop on you with no warning. Also about 10% of their phones seem to go into a boot loop every now and then. They may have finally issued a firmware fix for these issues, but I won't use their phones. Their ATA's are decent for residential use though.
    that's good to know, i was going to try out there android phone. i guess i'll stay with Cisco. So how would you setup 4 lines on a 5-line phone(Cisco 525G2).
    how is the Panasonic TGP 550, its a cordless system.
    Last edited by chevyman; 01-12-2014 at 08:04 PM.