Thread: Wifi SIP Phone

Default Wifi SIP Phone

At my office, I have terrible cell phone coverage, but great wifi in our building.

Looking for a wifi based handset that I could do a connection to Voipo using SIP to enable me to have a phone in our building that I could make/receive calls on.

I'm a happy user of Voipo at home both using the Grandstream ATA and a Grandstream phone on SIP ... just want to take this one step further with a wifi based SIP phone that will work with Voipo.

Thanks

David

Default Re: Wifi SIP Phone

There are SIP apps for SmartPhones, both IOS and Android. I'm using one on my iPhone and iPad and it's GREAT!! Do a search for Bria.
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego
    A.E.S. - S.M.P.T.E. - S.P.A.R.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
    There are SIP apps for SmartPhones, both IOS and Android. I'm using one on my iPhone and iPad and it's GREAT!! Do a search for Bria.

I am aware of apps ... but looking for something that is a stand-alone device. Thank you

You've already got a cell phone on you, but instead of using an app like SIPDROID or one of the others that work great, you'd rather pay $100-$200 for a standalone SIP phone? Have at it. If you really want one, I have used quite a few for work where we use an IP phone system and the phones need to be portable. I've used the WP589 as well as the starcom F3000. If you want to go cheap, you can get a grandstream 710 or 3Com.

But seriously. Your cell phone has all you need. I've used both CSipSimple and SipDroid on my cell phone and it's great. But obviously, if you don't have a smart phone, then an app wouldn't be an option. But if you do have a smart phone that can do WIFI, then you don't need a standalone sip phone.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!