Thread: Where to order DID's for transfer to VOIPo?

Question Where to order DID's for transfer to VOIPo?

Can anyone recommend a cheap, online source to order domestic numbers?

Sometimes my customers want more selection than what we can offer through VOIPo.

So I'm looking for a secondary source for numbers only. Numbers would be immediately ported to VOIPo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Where to order DID's for transfer to VOIPo?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Can anyone recommend a cheap, online source to order domestic numbers?

Sometimes my customers want more selection than what we can offer through VOIPo.

So I'm looking for a secondary source for numbers only. Numbers would be immediately ported to VOIPo.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Keep in mind that we would have to have coverage in a specific rate center or we wouldn't be able to port in the number. So if you ordered a number from a ratecenter we didn't cover, we still wouldn't cover it when porting.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Hi Tim,

Yes... these numbers would only be for rate centers already covered by VOIPo, but that show up as "Contact Support". I believe these are referred to as "Tier 2" rate centers.

Are you generally able to order numbers for all of these tier 2 rate centers that show up as "contact support"?

If so, I guess maybe my best option is to contact support and let you guys order a number.

It would just be nice to find a source where I could browse and select, then quickly port in a day or two.

Currently, I've been ordering these tier 2 numbers from another provider who has tier 2 inventory. But porting takes about 5 to 10 days.

This is a very low priority item... more of a convenience issue.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Hi Tim,

Yes... these numbers would only be for rate centers already covered by VOIPo, but that show up as "Contact Support". I believe these are referred to as "Tier 2" rate centers.

Are you generally able to order numbers for all of these tier 2 rate centers that show up as "contact support"?

If so, I guess maybe my best option is to contact support and let you guys order a number.

It would just be nice to find a source where I could browse and select, then quickly port in a day or two.

Currently, I've been ordering these tier 2 numbers from another provider who has tier 2 inventory. But porting takes about 5 to 10 days.

This is a very low priority item... more of a convenience issue.

Thx
    Unfortunately, porting time for Tier II numbers will always take a while since they have to go to secondary carriers vs our primary carriers which are more automated. We can sometimes order the numbers pretty quickly but it really just depends on the ratecenter and if our secondary carriers have any in stock in their portals at the time.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook