Thread: Are VOIPo provided ATAs still required for password??

Default Are VOIPo provided ATAs still required for password??

I am installing a WAP for free WIFI and will be ordering internet service for our American Legion canteen (bar). We are paying a king's ransom for AT&T business POTS and I want to switch to VOIP which will more than pay for the internet service. I also intend to use an OBI202 for reliability, which I use at home, and not a VOIPo provided ATA. As I recall though, the only way to get a registration password is to use the VOIPo ATA, correct? This may be a deal breaker because if/when I move from the area, I doubt anyone would even realize that the unused ATA belonged to VOIPo years from now. Is there another way to get passwords? I note that on the VPanel that it shows they are emailed but it said that for about a couple years now and I never got one emailed.

Default Re: Are VOIPo provided ATAs still required for password??

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hazard View Post
    I am installing a WAP for free WIFI and will be ordering internet service for our American Legion canteen (bar). We are paying a king's ransom for AT&T business POTS and I want to switch to VOIP which will more than pay for the internet service. I also intend to use an OBI202 for reliability, which I use at home, and not a VOIPo provided ATA. As I recall though, the only way to get a registration password is to use the VOIPo ATA, correct? This may be a deal breaker because if/when I move from the area, I doubt anyone would even realize that the unused ATA belonged to VOIPo years from now. Is there another way to get passwords? I note that on the VPanel that it shows they are emailed but it said that for about a couple years now and I never got one emailed.
    They should be e-mailed to you if you go to the BYOD page and request them.

If you're not getting the e-mails, please open a ticket for support and they can help get them for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    They should be e-mailed to you if you go to the BYOD page and request them.

If you're not getting the e-mails, please open a ticket for support and they can help get them for you.
    According to your site's BYOD section, a VOIPo ATA still plays a part: "If you wish to enable a software based phone or a third party device for your VOIPo number, you'll need to first plug in and register the VOIPo issued ATA. When that device is registered with our network, you can enable this feature and the SIP password will be emailed to the address on file. You can use this information to connect your softphone or third party device to VOIPo's network." I didn't see anything about requesting a password be emailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hazard View Post
    According to your site's BYOD section, a VOIPo ATA still plays a part: "If you wish to enable a software based phone or a third party device for your VOIPo number, you'll need to first plug in and register the VOIPo issued ATA. When that device is registered with our network, you can enable this feature and the SIP password will be emailed to the address on file. You can use this information to connect your softphone or third party device to VOIPo's network." I didn't see anything about requesting a password be emailed.
    That's a one-time process for new accounts to verify the shipping/billing address is valid.

If you need further assistance, just contact support and they'll be happy to help.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook