Thread: Problems with HT 502

Default Problems with HT 502

I have been having problems for two months with my HT502. Previously there were very few problems for the past 2 1/2 years. I have been in touch with customer service and had service tickets and new software down loaded to the HT502. I believe the issue is the HT502 is simply over heating. When I notice (several times daily) that there is no longer a dial tone available and restart the HT502 it feels quite hot. I mentioned this to customer service but never got an acknowledgement. At this point Voipo service is more of a problem than it is a service. How do I cancel the service and move my phone number somewhere else?

Default Re: Problems with HT 502

Unless you have your device in an over 80 degree plus room and it is an enclosed space are about the only way your device can overheat. The 502's run hot normally. Mine is very warm to hot to the touch and has been for several years and has itself never failed. The power adapter has failed, supplying almost enough power to keep if running but not enough to make it stay up reliably, you may want to check that. If you think it is an overheat issue, get a small fan to blow on it to see if it helps.