Thread: If it ain't broke..... don't fix it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If it ain't broke..... don't fix it

The last few years have been extremely busy. Kids growing up; graduating college; new jobs; etc... I haven't been on the forum as much as I use to. I've had an account with voipo since..... Well, since day-1. And I can honestly say that VoipO is the best Voip service I've used. And the few other founding members on this forum know I've used pretty much all of the main voip providers. Including many that are no longer in business. During my ALPHA and BETA testing years with Voipo, I tried pretty much every adapter that they came out with.

Which brings me to my question. What is the last adapter that everyone is using? Primarily what VoipO is issuing? After testing about 5 different ones for VoipO, I've settled in on using the PAP2. Which I've been using now steadily since 2007. It's been working fine.

There was one adapter I used during testing that I really liked. Can't even remember which one it was. (It was a small Grandstream). The thing I liked about it most was that it actually worked on ROTARY phones. For you young kids, we use to actually have to SPIN a dial. Being I work in the telecom/Phone business and have for more than 35 years, I've collected a lot of phones and have them wired throughout the house. Including a 1957 coin pay phone and a 1910 Country Junction candlestick phone with a rotary dialer. I still use them but obviously only to answer calls. With that one adapter; whatever it was; I was able to actually dial out using rotary. I'm guessing there aren't any adapters that can do rotary also? I would like to upgrade my Voip adapter, but I'm not sure if the technology has changed much in the last 7-8 years and would provide any benefit.

Anyway, just posting to check in and say that after more than 8 years of working with Tim and VoipO; and being one of the original testers and customers; I am still 100% PRO-VOIPO!!! I hope the company is doing well and expanding. I hope VoipO continues to provide service for many more years to come. Take care..... Mike.......
    Last edited by christcorp; 10-14-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!