Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

I've been a customer for nearly two years now and I never seem to get any traction with my support tickets.

The most frustrating one I'm working through currently is choppy/garbled calls. I've triple checked configuration settings, done speed tests, tested with different phones, flashed the Grandstream unit and it all leads to no where. That is, my tickets go answered for LONG periods of time until I reopen them months later and start all over again. Never once has the idea of trying new hardware been suggested. I just frustrates me to no end.

Has anyone else had these experiences?

Default Re: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

This info won't solve your problem, but since I began with VOIPo beta back in 2008, I have had a few quirks along the way, but always got a quick response to any ticket I submitted.
    I haven't submitted many over the years but since we're dealing with the internet, sometimes stuff happens.

Good Luck..

Quote Originally Posted by tttony View Post
    I've been a customer for nearly two years now and I never seem to get any traction with my support tickets.

The most frustrating one I'm working through currently is choppy/garbled calls. I've triple checked configuration settings, done speed tests, tested with different phones, flashed the Grandstream unit and it all leads to no where. That is, my tickets go answered for LONG periods of time until I reopen them months later and start all over again. Never once has the idea of trying new hardware been suggested. I just frustrates me to no end.

Has anyone else had these experiences?
    When I open a support ticket it's always automatically acknowledged quickly and I get a response within a reasonable amount of time. I have no complaints about the support process with Voipo.

I'm quite new here, and as you might expect, as a new reseller I have a lot of questions. Recently I had a ticket not answered, so a day later I called. Rep was helpful and pointed out that the support ticket had been routed to the correct department, and was being worked on, and that I'd get a response from them shortly. A few hours later I still hadn't, so I replied to the ticket acknowledgement I'd gotten asking if I could get a response soon. I got a good response, which solved the problem, and an apology, rather quickly. So far I'm happy with support.

Their phones were quite busy yesterday but they've gotten better and I've heard they've hired more people for support. We all know how complex VoIP is, and that it will take them a while to get up-to-speed, and if you look at other threads you'll that VOIPo is a fast-growing company, so we know there'll be pains ahead from time to time, but all in all, the support experience works for me.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    When I open a support ticket it's always automatically acknowledged quickly and I get a response within a reasonable amount of time. I have no complaints about the support process with Voipo.
    I have been a reseller with Voipo since 2010 and I have always been satisfied with their response to my support tickets. As far as I am concerned, their customer service is top notch.
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Well, I guess it's just me then.

I'm currently working through an issue with them, and getting decent responses. If I can't make this right this time, we'll be moving on though. I need phone service that is reliable.

We just don't seem to have the tools to say for sure who or what is at fault. So, I'll try a different device and see if that helps. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas....and patience.

Thanks for your input all!

Not just you.

I've had a problem open for ~10 days: Incoming calls ring, but no audio, in either direction.

Every support person starts at square 1 and repeats the canned actions. The problem/call
    notes don't seem to be read/grasped. My VERY specific replies to their requests are not
    read/grasped.

Very. Very. Frustrated.
    I spend 80% of my money on airplanes & beer. The rest is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
    Not just you.

I've had a problem open for ~10 days: Incoming calls ring, but no audio, in either direction.

Every support person starts at square 1 and repeats the canned actions. The problem/call
    notes don't seem to be read/grasped. My VERY specific replies to their requests are not
    read/grasped.

Very. Very. Frustrated.
    Happened to me also with the email support, which always used to be great. I finally just gave up and blocked off an hour to use their chat help so that I could at least get ONE consistent person through the whole process. (They didn't read my ticket either, until I asked them to.) I know that customer support is a low pay/high turnover job and Voipo is growing a lot and this inevitably happens when companies grow, but maybe they could put in a rule that the CS agent needs to read the history before suggesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by msp View Post
    Happened to me also with the email support, which always used to be great. I finally just gave up and blocked off an hour to use their chat help so that I could at least get ONE consistent person through the whole process. (They didn't read my ticket either, until I asked them to.) I know that customer support is a low pay/high turnover job and Voipo is growing a lot and this inevitably happens when companies grow, but maybe they could put in a rule that the CS agent needs to read the history before suggesting stuff.
    I used to be a "front line" tech support person at Vonage back when they first began and that was the first thing we were told to do ...... read the notes ...... but who listens to the boss when the NUMBER of calls and amount of time in each (AHT - average handle time) what the most important factor in keeping your job?

AFTER THAT I became a call center TRAINING MANAGER at a local DirecTV call center and that was what we preached as well. Always read the notes. Then we fired people for having too long an AHT.

Can't win.
    Then I retired!
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12-05-2014 at 04:51 PM.

There are some many variables involved with VoIP that sometimes we're not able to resolve issues for some customers due to their unique set of variables (ISP, network setup, etc) but we definitely try to provide the best support we can and the service works well for 99% of users. If someone falls into the 1% that has issues though, I understand that it can be very frustrating.

tttony and rainsux - Can you e-mail me your ticket numbers and a quick summary of your issues directly to tim @ voipo.com so I can look into them?

I can't promise that I can resolve them, but I'll definitely take a look and have a Supervisor look as well.

Please e-mail me your info so I can look at this for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook