Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Android and Voipo

Default Re: Android and Voipo

If your VOIPo adapter is working, BYOD should work
    vPanel should be accessible before getting the physical device, but not for BYOD credentials.
    Might want to try emailing support@voipo.com

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Like I said, I don't have a VOIPo adapter, I am trying to use my Android phone.

Ok I'll contact the support....

I must admit I've not been keeping up with the interaction between a VOIPo issued adapter and a softphone. Once upon a time, I believe, the last one registering won out. Iirc, if your standard adapter registered and then another device registered an incoming call would go to the other device. Is that no longer true today? In other words if I have (say) an Android softphone and my VOIPo issued PAP2T both registered, will an incoming call ring both? I really don't want to impact service at home the few times when I turn on the softphone on my Android (over wifi). Post #2 by Tim seems to imply that the behavior has changed. I'd love for him or someone at VOIPo to confirm that the registered adapter will always ring if connected (no last one wins policy).

In other words, is the current policy: all adapters that are visible in vPanel ring simultaneously?
    Russell

If you register your android or Softphone, using the SEPARATE credentials that are retrieved by longing into your vpanel, then YES, both the home phone voip adapter AND my android phone, BOTH ring at the same time. Which ever answers the call first, gets the call.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    If you register your android or Softphone, using the SEPARATE credentials that are retrieved by longing into your vpanel, then YES, both the home phone voip adapter AND my android phone, BOTH ring at the same time. Which ever answers the call first, gets the call.
    So, the key is to use the separate vPanel credentials and if you use that VOIPo issued adapter is not impacted?
    Russell

In the vpanel, there is a section Features/Preferences/Softphone-BYOD. Click on that, and you'll get the host name, user name (Same as your phone number) and a password. That password is different than the one in your voip adapter. Use that password in the softphone/android.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

I asked this question over in the BYOD forum but haven't gotten a response yet, so I'm going to ask it again here (apologies the question redundancy):

Can you register more than one softphone with the BYOD credentials in vPanel? I've successfully set up my iOS device as a softphone using a sip application, but I can't seem to get my wife's android phone configured correctly using the sipdroid app.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I asked this question over in the BYOD forum but haven't gotten a response yet, so I'm going to ask it again here (apologies the question redundancy):

Can you register more than one softphone with the BYOD credentials in vPanel? I've successfully set up my iOS device as a softphone using a sip application, but I can't seem to get my wife's android phone configured correctly using the sipdroid app.
    How many SIP devices you can register at the same time is a big question mark. I simply don't know. I seem to remember registering both lines of an ATA plus a softphone to the BYOD server some time ago and they all registered okay, but this was with the Voipo provisioned ATA disconnected. Try to remove your Voipo ATA temporarily and see if you can register the other SIP device, then you will know if there is limit to the number of registered devices.

You can also try asking support. Due to security concerns, they may or may not answer. I don't know.....

I just downloaded the csipSimple. Getting confused for configuration - you have to Add account - wizard finds different providers OnSip - ippi-monddotalk..... then another is basic and generic - I dont know which to choose - also next Q will be user name - server - pwd lost

All you need is server name, username and password. Get these from vPanel under Features > Preferences > Softphone/BYOD
    Steve