Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks Interesting..

Default Looks Interesting..

I understand that for now there is no billing on the residential beta program.

I will be leaving my present provider as soon as I've selected a replacement and VOIPo has been recommended..

A few questions..

When the billing starts, will the monthly price be $22.95 month+taxes..

I have an SR SPA2102 that I think is now unlocked. Also a PAP2T that is unlocked and that I can keep for $50 after I leave the present provider.
    Will either of these work well with VOIPo service?
    If I try the service under beta and am satisfied, can I begin my port even if the pay site is not yet established?

I have already selected a temp number...do I need to enter my credit card info to get started?
    Am I able to use my SPA2102 for now since the PAP2T is connected to my present service and can't be taken down until the port is complete?

Thanks in advance...

burris

Default Re: Looks Interesting..

Burris,

Yes, that's the retail price. We'll have some kind of promotion for launch.

You do NOT need to provide any billing information at this point. Feel free to use the service. You should have received a welcome e-mail with info for your new number and should be able to use it immediately. Nothing left to do to activate at.

We recommend Grandstream ATAs, but you're welcome to try yours. In theory they should work, but since our system is optimized for Grandstream, we can't guarantee it.

You can port at any point...regardless of if we're still in BETA or not. If in beta, no billing info needed and if after beta you don't want to continue with a paid account, we'd give you sufficient time to port out the number to a new provider.

The basic settings needed for your ATA should be in the welcome email.

Server: codeblue.voipo.com
    User: 10 Digit Phone Number
    Pass: Password from Welcome Email

In most cases, that's all you need. If you have issues, we can adjust them with adding STUN, etc.

Give those a try and see what happens. If you run into problems, feel free to ask.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Server: codeblue.voipo.com
    I'm fond of it too, but maybe it is time for a new 'stable' name. I think the days of having the crash cart on standby are over!

I would suggest a boring name like connect.voipo.com if you were to change

Or ...
    inbound.voipo.com
    residential.voipo.com
    commercial.voipo.com
    callme.voipo.com
    incrowd.voipo.com
    . . .

And burris, it may get boring - things mostly work these days
    (And pretty much worked in the beginning.)
    You pick up interesting business launch insights from Tim by hanging here

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    . . .

And burris, it may get boring - things mostly work these days
    (And pretty much worked in the beginning.)
    You pick up interesting business launch insights from Tim by hanging here
    When it comes to a reliable phone service, boredom can be most welcome..

I would recommend asking Tim for a Grandstream. Although I don't have one myself (connecting via Asterisk), there have been some flukey issues with at least a few accounts connected via PAP2, and the Grandstream will be the officially-supported device after launch.

If you want to keep your PAP to tinker and/or play with pay-as-you-go providers separately, $50 is not a bad price (you have to decide if it's worth $50... ), but for the purpose of getting in on this Beta, I'd request a Grandstream.

OK...How do I go about getting the Grandstream? I have my number and have registered.

I tried the adapters I have, but didn't get too far with them..

Thanks

burris

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    OK...How do I go about getting the Grandstream? I have my number and have registered.

I tried the adapters I have, but didn't get too far with them..

Thanks

burris
    By "registered" do you mean you've connected your adapter with the appropriate SIP creds, or do you mean you've signed up for the forums and the service and gotten your welcome emails?

By "didn't get too far with them" do you mean that you haven't gotten dialtone and made calls, or you HAVE made calls, but haven't tested features yet?

I don't mean to be a pain in asking the questions, just want to be sure you get what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    By "registered" do you mean you've connected your adapter with the appropriate SIP creds, or do you mean you've signed up for the forums and the service and gotten your welcome emails?

By "didn't get too far with them" do you mean that you haven't gotten dialtone and made calls, or you HAVE made calls, but haven't tested features yet?

I don't mean to be a pain in asking the questions, just want to be sure you get what you need.
    Ask away...you've been a great help..

I couldn't get my adapters connected. I did register and got my number and SIP info. I think it best to use the adapter that the provider sanctions so they can keep it provisioned properly..

I assume that if I get the Grandstream, I should be good to go, and if the service works as well as all the people who are posting, it really sounds good.
    I did get all my welcome emails.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Ask away...you've been a great help..

I couldn't get my adapters connected. I did register and got my number and SIP info. I think it best to use the adapter that the provider sanctions so they can keep it provisioned properly..

I assume that if I get the Grandstream, I should be good to go, and if the service works as well as all the people who are posting, it really sounds good.
    I did get all my welcome emails.

Thanks for your help.
    I'll PM you about a Grandstream. It should be plug-and-play for 99% of customers. The best part....it'll stay that way consistently
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook