Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy Signal Outgoing Calls

Default Busy Signal Outgoing Calls

All my reseller lines are getting a busy signal on Outgoing calls.

Are other resellers having this problem too?

Default Re: Busy Signal Outgoing Calls

Hello,

I was able to locate your ticket and a call sample, it appears that one of our upstream carriers has enabled compact SIP headers -- and we are not receiving an ACK from your UAC after the call connects. We've temporarily disabled this carrier and are looking into mangling the compact headers back into their original form as it is likely that your UAC may not support compact headers due to its failure to respond. Let me know if your issues are not now resolved, thanks!

Yes, I have been getting a lot of complaints about this issue. It seems lately I've been putting more time into trouble shooting issues and dealing with hostile customers.
    Joe Siepka

Yes,

When SIP7 went down the other day, I had to move a bunch of customers over to the main SIP server.

Then, I spent most of yesterday answering support calls and moving those same customers back to SIP7, which didn't seem to suffer from whatever issue SIP was having.

Unfortunately, I really don't have the tools, knowledge or access to do much more than guess what is happening.

So the following are just some basic observations and guesses.

It seems it is mostly Comcast customers who have issues with the SIP server. A few customers using Charter, Cox and Time Warner have also had issues with SIP. I have even had one or two Verizon Fios customers who've had issue with SIP server.

And of course, not all customers using these ISPs have trouble with SIP server. However, for those that do have trouble, moving to SIP7 works like a charm (except when it went down completely the other day).

It may be coincidence, but I believe most of those ISPs use Level3 for their backbone connections. That makes me wonder if the SIP data center has some weird route to Level3. SIP7 being in a different data center, hosted by a totally different company, could potentially have a better route.

Or, it could simply be something different that voipo is doing (or not doing) at SIP7 that makes it work better.

I will say this. Other than when SIP7 went down completely the other day, I've never had a setup that wouldn't work perfectly on SIP7.

Again, hard to know what is up from the outside, but there is absolutely a difference between SIP and SIP7.

well they told me to change all my accounts to sip7, I can't spend all day driving to all my customers about 150 miles to change this. Plus sip7 gives alot of my accounts over 100ms ping times

At some point, I'd love to see support for our own domains (hint hint for Tim ), so that we can quickly and easily change customers to a different server if one or the other is down.

99% of my clients are using Comcast. SIP7 worked great until I had to move them to SIP due to the SIP7 outage. Now on SIP I get busy signals consistently. Putting a ticket in doesn't help when I have a tech onsite. My customers ask why do I have to wait for support from our carrier, why can't you call someone while the tech is onsite. I have setup a syslog server and receive debugging information but being on the outside looking in I cannot fix any of the issues. There is no one I can call to work on the problems when I need to work on them. I wish I could afford to sit and wait for a reply to my tickets but in reality I have to move on to the next task just like Voipo.

Greenlantern even if we had support for our own domains it is still a process to figure out the issue, find the corrective action, then implement the changes. I shouldn't have to wait for my clients to complain, then try to figure out the exact call so I can get the Call Reference ID, and that's assuming the call completed and is listed in the call history, create a ticket, wait for a response, hope my client is available to see if the fix worked, then report back.

I have been working on a solution to monitor my clients so that I can anticipate issues and implement corrective measures before my clients even know there is a problem. So far 99% of the issues we experience the corrective action has to be done at the carrier level just like this issue with compact sip headers. And since the issues are at the carrier level for me to monitor and implement corrective actions I would thus have to become a company like Voipo, which is not in my scope.

Ok I'm done venting
    Joe Siepka

I have asked Voipo for configuration files or a list of the configuration settings so i can set the proper settings for Voipo system. But i get no where with it, but yet i have to support my customers in the blind. I starting to think this reseller account is a lost cause.

after trying sip7 now, the *-codes' "voice confirmation-tone" works every time. So i don't know what the big difference is between the sip & sip7 addresses, something is going on with there configurations.

Is anyone getting any support on this issue, all i'm getting from support is they can't replicate the issue, answer!

and now i'm having trouble with one of my lines that is set to forward to a cell phone is going to VM, (they can't say that is my equipment problem!)
    Last edited by chevyman; 01-21-2015 at 12:32 AM.