Thread: Time zone mismatch since DST started

Default Time zone mismatch since DST started

Is anyone else using US/Pacific as their time zone and getting Caller ID that is one hour behind? I suspect I'm not the only one.

I've opened a ticket, but support (in Tier 2 now) has had some trouble understanding the issue and keeps trying interesting things to fix it.

I'm in the US/Pacific time zone (-8:00, but -7 for DST). That is also what I have set in my vPanel display preferences (https://account.voipo.com/preferences/display). Incoming voicemails have the correct time listed in the emails, call records have the correct time, etc. The Caller ID messages, however, are one hour behind, as if missing DST. Checking the status page on the PAP2T also shows the current time as one hour behind.

I tried changing time zone to US/Mountain, and the PAP2T jumped two hours forward -- correct for US/Mountain with DST. I changed it back to US/Pacific, and I'm back to -8.

Capturing the traffic from the PAP2T, I see that the provisioning file actually specifies GMT-08:00. I tried explaining that the underlying problem seems to be between vPanel time zone selection and generation of the provisioning file, but support staff connected directly to the PAP2T and changed the offset manually. Of course the next time it fetched the provisioning file, it reset to -8. Now, they seem to have configured it to re-provision less often (it has been 7 hours so far instead of the usual hourly), but it still has the wrong time.

Is anyone else using US/Pacific and seeing a similar issue? It might only affect other PAP2T users.

Ticket ID is JEC-715-12065.

Default Re: Time zone mismatch since DST started

Log into your ATA/regional settings and set the time to minus one hour from whatever your normal GMT setting is.
    In the Fall when it changes again, change it back to normal.

I've never been able to get them to do this online. You only have to do this twice a year.

I forgot...I use the PAP2

My PAP2T is managed by VOIPo, so I don't have access to the administrative interface, and the provisioning file overrides that setting, anyway.

Since I have access to mine, I keep provisioning off.
    Maybe just ask them to change what I suggested. They can keep their provisioning on and hard-code any changes.

bwarden - Just contact support and we'll be happy to help make any adjustments needed. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook