Thread: BYOD and Unneeded Grandstream ATA after First Use

Question BYOD and Unneeded Grandstream ATA after First Use

For those of you doing BYOD, what are you doing with the ATA VOIPo sent you? Has it become a “tech” coaster for your beverage? Have any of you returned it back to VOIPo?!? Mine is currently gathering dust in a closet and I’m afraid I’m going to lose it (and likely be charged a fee for doing so) one day and support is telling me if I ever lose my BYOD password, I’ll need the ATA to change it, for some reason. http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...-device-online seems to have some relevance here and Tim says this shouldn’t be needed.

So what are you doing with your VOIPo ATA?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Bink; 05-11-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Default Re: BYOD and Unneeded Grandstream ATA after First Use

I have 2 Voipo lines and am currently using one Obi202. I just have my old Grandstream ATA's sitting around collecting dust but staying around in case something unexpected happens with my Obi.

Default Re: BYOD and Unneeded Grandstream ATA after First Use

I have two VOIPo supplied Grandstream 502 ATAs collecting dust. I'm happy to return those so they can be sent to new customers. I long ago upgraded to a single 704 which fixed a number of issues.

It seems kind of silly to have these sitting around serving no purpose when VOIPo could be redeploying them before they're EOL'd by Grandstream.

Recently, I've gone to a direct VOIP phone for some of my lines and don't even use all of the 704.

What say you, Tim? Are you interested in getting these back before they are boat anchors?