Thread: Can't access VOIPo voicemail

Default Can't access VOIPo voicemail

According to VOIPo voicemail is accessed by dialing 123 on your phone. This probably works using the Grandstream ATA VOIPo provides, but I'm using an OBI202. Is there a way to configure it for voicemail? Thanks.

Default Re: Can't access VOIPo voicemail

Apparently I was only waiting 5-10 seconds for the voicemail prompt, but it takes 14 seconds before you hear anything after dialing 123. Sorry for the dumb post.

Quote Originally Posted by tawd1992 View Post
    Apparently I was only waiting 5-10 seconds for the voicemail prompt, but it takes 14 seconds before you hear anything after dialing 123. Sorry for the dumb post.
    The long delay is likely being caused by your dial plan within the Obi ATA. The ATA "thinks" you are trying to dial a regular 11 digit number 1-23X-XXX-XXXX before it times out. You can fix this issue by either modifying your dial plan (123S0 = dial 123 immediately or <S3:123> = dial 123 if no digits entered for 3 seconds) or you can simply press the # key after dialing 123.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    The long delay is likely being caused by your dial plan within the Obi ATA. The ATA "thinks" you are trying to dial a regular 11 digit number 1-23X-XXX-XXXX before it times out. You can fix this issue by either modifying your dial plan (123S0 = dial 123 immediately or <S3:123> = dial 123 if no digits entered for 3 seconds) or you can simply press the # key after dialing 123.
    Excellent, dialing 123# brings up voicemail immediately. Could you explain how to modify my dial plan? Is this the location I want to change, Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap: & if so do I just add 123S0 to the end of the data field? Thanks.

Yes. I believe you are in the correct area to modify your dial plan. I don’t have an Obi ATA myself, but use a Linksys SPA2102 which closely matches the same dial plan rules.
    Try adding the rule 123S0| at the start of the dial plan or |123S0 at the end of the dial plan. Don’t forget to add the vertical bar |

Examples:
    (123S0|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)
    or
    (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|123S0)

If you have any issues or need help, you may want to check out this thread:
    http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.0

Just a word of caution....there are 3 valid area codes in the US that start with 23X (231 in Michigan, 234 in Ohio, 239 in Florida). So, if you happen to attempt to dial one of these 3 area codes by dialing 1-23X-XXX-XXXX, you will go straight to your voicemail instead of reaching that number. BTW, I use 10 digit dialing for all my needs instead of 11 digits, so this issue is not valid for me. Voipo accepts 10 digit dialing just fine.
    Last edited by tritch; 12-23-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: fixed typo, added comments

Rather than use the ATA I just have 123# in speed dial from my handset. Unless I'm missing something that seems much simpler to me.