Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mwi

Default Mwi

Hey Guys,

I'm told by VOIPoRay that MWI is now in place. It should be working, but may need a little more testing.

Currently it will send the light notification at the time a message is received and also will update hourly.

If you use this feature, please test it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Mwi

[I have a phone problem where I guess I need to submit a ticket. (Incoming has no audio - outgoing is fine.)]

But ON-TOPIC:
    Calling the VOIPo number from the VOIPo makes the Voicemail kick in right away.
    Leaving a message, then hit pound as it suggests gets an immediate busy tone.
    (It would be nice if it said goodbye since no options are offered.)
    The phone gets a stutter tone and the Grandstream blinks a green light.
    There is no VMWI to the Uniden Handset like Packet8 sends.

Deleting the message clears the stutter and green blinking light.

I failed to get a text message from VOIPo like I had setup.
    I failed to get an email with attachment like I had setup.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Working fine for me and my Uniden via a PAP2T. The notification was instant and I have stutter tone and light indicator on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    [I have a phone problem where I guess I need to submit a ticket. (Incoming has no audio - outgoing is fine.)]

But ON-TOPIC:
    Calling the VOIPo number from the VOIPo makes the Voicemail kick in right away.
    Leaving a message, then hit pound as it suggests gets an immediate busy tone.
    (It would be nice if it said goodbye since no options are offered.)
    The phone gets a stutter tone and the Grandstream blinks a green light.
    There is no VMWI to the Uniden Handset like Packet8 sends.

Deleting the message clears the stutter and green blinking light.

I failed to get a text message from VOIPo like I had setup.
    I failed to get an email with attachment like I had setup.
    Have you tested this with an external call (like from cell) or was this only for a call from within our network?

Seems to be working on external for me, so wanted to confirm that maybe it's the way things are setup for in network.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tim, I can also verify that no email or sms message is being received. But I have never received an sms message from VOIPo voicemail. I used to get email notifications, but have not in a while. We (you) even added AT&T to the sms list but still nothing. I chalked both things up to it being beta. I had reported both issues quite a while back.

I have tested from both internal and external lines.

A little more on VM.... I had 18 messages and I deleted them all via my phone. However, when I go th the voicemail page in the control panel, all messages are still there.

I thought about just removing voicemail and then re-enabling it but I don't see where I can do that.

The voicemail on vPanel seems to be out of sync with the actual VM system now. For a while on my 1199 line, I had about 10 messages in the inbox that I never bothered to listen to. They were all listed in the vPanel, no problem. I tried using vPanel to delete them, but they were still there when I dialed into the VM system. After deleting them with the VM system, they were gone.

Now, I've placed a few test calls to the line and left messages. They seem to be accepted just fine (and when I hit the pound key, Allison says, "Thank you." ) I know the messages are there, because the MWI light (on my ZOOM) comes on immediately, and I get stutter tone. When I log into the system by touch tone, I can get the messages.

It's pretty amazing how quickly the MWI light updates--when leaving the first message, it comes on just as I hit the # key; when deleting messages, it goes off as I log out of the VM system.

FWIW, I still have the problem that when setting failover to forward to a number (at least a SIP address), calls do not go to VM. After ringing the specified number of times, the call is sent to the failover phone number. With a SIP address, it seems to just get dead air after the number of rings...

Same result from my cell
    - wife had a migraine earlier so I hesitated ringing the phones,
    but just managed a call.

P.S.

Tim, is an email to support@voipo.com going to start a ticket?
    I don't recall my login info -- that email likely went in a spam filter.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Just left myself a message and when I called in Allison told me I had 1 new and 3 old messages. I deleted the new message but could not find a way to listen to the 3 old.....

The MWI is incredibly fast, as fisamo stated. On in a second and then off in a second

I also reported about SIP calls not going to voicemail. About the only thing I have ever had issues with is voicemail, so I don't complain much. Rock solid service is most important to me.

Old messages: "Press 2 to change folders..." They might be in a folder called "Old Messages"...

One other VM suggestion for the vPanel: Many people think of voicemail as a part of their phone, not a 'feature'. Perhaps a tab on the top (same level as "Contacts" and "Features" entitled "Voicemail" is in order. The sub-tabs (menu items on the blue bar) could be "Messages", "Folders" (if you want and can tie in the vPanel with the folder structure in the VM system), "Notification" (e.g. SMS, email), "Preferences" (Password, # rings, etc.) The main problem I immediately see with this kind of setup is that you'd need to monitor which mailbox you're in if you have vmail set up on virtual numbers. Would you put a dropdown on each page? Change the 'active mailbox' only on the 'Preferences' page? (Don't mind me.. just thinking out loud.)