Thread: Can I provide my own adapter?

Default Can I provide my own adapter?

I am a new customer and just received a Grandstream adapter. This adapter appears used, it's a bit beat up and is missing 2 of the 4 rubber feet on the bottom. Not exactly sure why, but once the adapter was put on the network I started having DHCP issues. Not sure if this adapter will issue DHCP addresses, but my experience has been that it does or at least interferes with my routers DHCP leases.
    Bottom line, I'd like to replace it with a Linksys PAP2 v2. The vertical stand alone will help clear some space on my rack and I've had good experience with the Linksys and other providers.
    Do I have to go through support to make the change or is their documentation with the settings necessary.
    Thanks

Default Re: Can I provide my own adapter?

Voipo does auto config on these Models supported: Linksys PAP2, Linksys PAP2T, Linksys RT31P2, Grandstream HT502, HT701, HT702

And don't forget the Obi202...
    Although I only use it as an ATA, it is by far the best trouble free device I have ever tried. VOIPo does auto config this as well.
    I understand that the engineers were the ones who designed the PAP2 series.

Also just to add, we'll likely be expanding provisioning in general and for resellers in the near future. We have a lot going on right now dev wise so I can't make promises, but we built an entirely new provisioning system for our PBX system that is much more flexible and supports a wider range of devices. The plan is to eventually migrate regular and reseller accounts onto that provisioning system too (right now it's only in PBX). Once we do that, we'll support a lot more devices.

The new provisioning system in PBX handles Grandstream, Linksys, Yealink, H-Tek, etc. In terms of ATAs, it also supports the larger Grandstream gateways (up to 48 ports) for larger deployments.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    And don't forget the Obi202...
    Although I only use it as an ATA, it is by far the best trouble free device I have ever tried. VOIPo does auto config this as well.
    I understand that the engineers were the ones who designed the PAP2 series.
    I have two VOIPO lines. The best thing about the Obi202 is that I can use one ATA for both lines. Much cleaner install and much cleaner desk.