Thread: Have dial tone - nothing else. Need help.

Angry Have dial tone - nothing else. Need help.

I am relatively new to VOIPO, recommended by a friend whose had it for years without problems. Wish I could say the same. Although the tech support people are very friendly, it took a month to get the system ported over and then another week to make it work. So, in theory that all happened yesterday and finally everything seems to be working - until today.

I came home about an hr ago & there's a stutter dial tone. I dial 123 or 123# and I cannot log on to VM. After 15 seconds, I get a busy. I cannot call out, even though I have a dial tone. If someone calls in, it goes direct to VM. I email tech support.

He says "recycle it," which I do yet again.

Now, I still cannot get VM. If you call me, it rings, but when I pick up, there's nothing. If I call out, I hear absolutely nothing (no ringing, just silence), but after about 45 seconds the call goes through (I can tell because I have called my cell phone & my wife's answering machine, which is on a different system in the other room). Even when the cell or answering machine picks up, I still hear nothing.

I'm really frustrated and since there is no tech support I can call right now, it looks like I have no service - again - for the weekend. Any ideas?

Default Re: Have dial tone - nothing else. Need help.

Hi Scott:

What is your network made up of? Be as detailed as you can including the type of ATA your using...
    I Void Warranties.

Default Re: Have dial tone - nothing else. Need help.

Follow the basic troubleshooting steps provided on the website. You will mostly like find that this is an easy fix, involving setting a static IP and forwarding some ports through your firewall.