Thread: Better Pricing?

Default Better Pricing?

netTALK offers feature-for-feature service for $50 a year, and I'm still paying $186/year for VOIPo? They even have a smartphone app that lets you make calls over WiFi without burning up cell minutes! I need that!

Maybe HostGator can invest some cash from its 7,154,339 domains hosted (as per the latest HG newsletter) into VOIPo so they can upgrade the business model and make VOIPo more competitive? In the meantime, can we get some better pricing?

I've been a customer for over two years and still paying full price.

Thanks.

Default Re: Better Pricing?

Not really feature for feature with voipo. More of a MagicJack business model.

Smartphone VoIP apps that work with VoIPO are available.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Not really feature for feature with voipo. More of a MagicJack business model.
    Agree completely. I was going to say "MagicJack Plus", but there doesn't seem to be the ability to port your existing number.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think consumers are protected by FCC and providers should be able to port any users number. I tried to look for any reasons why a provider cannot port a number but as always, they don't give out any reason. They just pass this along with the other provider that might be having the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by draymondchm View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think consumers are protected by FCC and providers should be able to port any users number. I tried to look for any reasons why a provider cannot port a number but as always, they don't give out any reason. They just pass this along with the other provider that might be having the problem.
    Yes all customers are able to port numbers in and out as long as they are active.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yea, Nettalk is pretty much another version of MagicJack. But I don't think you can compare the quality of Nettalk to VoipO. Then again, some people think an RCA or Philips television is the same quality as a Samsung, Sony, or Hitachi. If you think it's all about price, then go for it.

As for $50 per year for Nettalk vs $186 per year for VoipO, I can't really comment on that. According to the VoipO website, the price of service is $149 for 2 YEARS. That's $75 a year. Definitely not excessive; even compared to Nettalk once you compare the quality and the service that you get from VoipO. But who knows, you could have some business account that costs more. But if that's the case, then I'd definitely prefer VoipO over some MagicJack type company when my business is at risk.

As for using an app for WIFI, I do that with VoipO all the time. I live in Wyoming, and there's a lot of places where cell service isn't available. We have a lot of mountain facilities. Fortunately we have various internet connections, and I can use my cell phone on WIFI with a SIP app and use my VoipO account to make calls.

On a side note: You say you need this WIFI app capability so you don't "Burn Up" your cell minutes You must have one really old cell phone plan. You're probably paying way too much for it. I didn't know that there were ANY CELL PHONE COMPANIES that didn't have UNLIMITED Talk and Text. If yours isn't, then looking for a new Voip company isn't your problem. You should be looking for a new cell phone company and looking at your other financial decisions.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!