Thread: Grandstream phone1 issue

Default Grandstream phone1 issue

Is anyone else having issues with phone1 port on the Grandstream HT-502? No matter which sip port I use for phone1, calls coming in can't hear me, but I can hear them. I plug the phone into phone2 and everything works fine. Every HT-502 I provision gives me this problem on phone1, but not phone2.

Default Re: Grandstream phone1 issue

If you are using a router, try port forwarding 5004-65000 to your Grandstream.
    First assign a fixed IP to the GS and specify this IP when setting up the forwarding in the router.

Or, call VOIPo to help you do this..

The grandstream is before the router so port forwarding should not be an issue here. Cable modem ----> grandstream------> router

Make sure you use a different port for each line, not the same port.

Other than that, after the 2 lines provision, open the config pages for each line and compare line by line. See what is different.

Thanks GreenLantern, have been using different ports, but will compare line by line.

wingsohot, also, as burris mentioned, this is likely a network/firewall/routing issue.

give your ht502 a static ip address, or reservation in your router.

then point ports 5004 through 65000 to that address. that's a bit difficult with some routers, so instead just point the DMZ feature to your ht502's static ip address.

Why would I have to do that if I have the ht502 before the router?

If your ISP is providing a true modem, then you probably wouldn't need to mess with it.

But make sure. Because a lot of ISP devices are actually routers, not modems. And you'd need to get through their firewall.