Thread: BYOD - RTP300 / SPA2102 T.38 Fax results

Default BYOD - RTP300 / SPA2102 T.38 Fax results

I set up my HP all in one fax machine thru an old Linksys RTP300 (Supports T.38 ) which is configured with BYOD credentials / unregistered to sip.voipwelcome.com to ensure only outbound fax calls can be made as needed. So far, and after about 10 outbound faxes, ll seems to be working just fine.

Anyone else been successful using a self configured/BYOD T.38 capable ATA for faxing?

I believe a SPA2102 supports T.38 as well. I know the VOIPO managed PAP2Ts do not.
    Last edited by geezer; 01-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Default Re: BYOD - RTP300 / SPA2102 T.38 Fax results

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I set up my HP all in one fax machine thru an old Linksys RTP300 (Supports T.38 ) which is configured with BYOD credentials / unregistered to sip.voipwelcome.com to ensure only outbound fax calls can be made as needed. So far, and after about 10 outbound faxes, ll seems to be working just fine.

Anyone else been successful using a self configured/BYOD T.38 capable ATA for faxing?

I believe a SPA2102 supports T.38 as well. I know the VOIPO managed PAP2Ts do not.

Identical setup here. Old Vonage RTP300 that I unlocked and use it unregistered. Works much better than my old Vonage fax line ever did...
    I Void Warranties.

does anyone know of settings beyond the user/passwd/host that needs set in the spa-2102? When I attempt to configure a line on my 2102 with the
    voipo byod credentials i get registration failure.

Yes it is on same network as the voipo provided adapter, but I can't get it to register successfully even when I turn off the grand stream VOIPO device.
    I have Bria Softphone app on my android phone and it will connect through and work on same network with the grand stream powered on.

I have the other line of the spa-2102 configured to pbxes.org and my google voice number, prior to returning to VOIPo i was using the 2102 with call centric and did not have any config problems.

has me scratching my head. Posting here partially because I am curious to just test my fax machine with it, but ultimately would like to get a line on the spa2102 working with my VOIPo acct as well.
    thanks
    bob

Quote Originally Posted by revinger View Post
    does anyone know of settings beyond the user/passwd/host that needs set in the spa-2102? When I attempt to configure a line on my 2102 with the
    voipo byod credentials i get registration failure.

Yes it is on same network as the voipo provided adapter, but I can't get it to register successfully even when I turn off the grand stream VOIPO device.
    I have Bria Softphone app on my android phone and it will connect through and work on same network with the grand stream powered on.

I have the other line of the spa-2102 configured to pbxes.org and my google voice number, prior to returning to VOIPo i was using the 2102 with call centric and did not have any config problems.

has me scratching my head. Posting here partially because I am curious to just test my fax machine with it, but ultimately would like to get a line on the spa2102 working with my VOIPo acct as well.
    thanks
    bob
    Check out the URL in the first post of this thread:
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...ation-for-BYOD

These are some old screenshots using a PAP2T, but pretty much everything is similar to a SPA2102. You shouldn't be having any problems registering as long as the proxy/userID/password fields are correct. Most of the other settings (dial plans, etc) can be tweaked to your flavor. Just make sure provisioning is disabled. I'm not sure how many SIP devices can be registered on the BYOD server at the same time the VOIPo ATA is connected, but I wouldn't think there would be any problems as long as there's no more than 2 devices registered. It must be some config setting that you are overlooking and less likely to be a restriction on your account.

BTW, I have my father setup with a SPA2102 on the BYOD server and I'm setup with a SPA2102 on the Central server with both Line 1 and 2 registered w/ no problems at all. The VOIPo provided ATA's are disconnected and collecting dust in the closet.
    Last edited by tritch; 02-17-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks, the screen shots only confirmed what I had already thought. That it appeared to be configured correctly, but not working

I did finally get it going though. After many failed attempts I decided to take the adapter into my wifes store and try it on her network. Worked fine there, brought it back home still no joy.

I did more googling and found a post somewhere else with someone having similar issues. They had ended up doing a user reset. Resets some but not all settings. Whatever was 'wrong' was fixed by that reset as when it restarted the device did register successfully.

I ended up having to alter some settings on my router to get ports opened after that. More classic problems, had dial tone, phone would ring but no audio, caller continued to hear ringback and fast busy's on dial out.

It is working finally. Now if Cisco would just support some of the lower bandwidth codecs with it. At least I am able to run silence suppression on my side and save a little bit on data usage.

bob

I have faxed successfully with the Grandstream device and an Innomedia device left over from SunRocket. Actually, the Innomedia device works a bit better. However, I'm on extended DSL, and my speeds are barely fast enough to support VoIP.