https://beta.voipo.com
    User: 5618860661
    Pass: demo
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Coming in July...

I for the life of me can't find how long my account is paid for...

Quote Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
    I for the life of me can't find how long my account is paid for...
    Go to Account - Services. It should be listed in the "Next Renewal Date" column. If it's not or you need further help with it, just e-mail support@voipo.com and we can look it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
    Unfortunately, my Aunt Millie who wants to use speed dials the way she used it on her first touch-tone phone 30 years ago (you know - speed dial number / name / optional telephone number) still can't do it. I tried to explain that in the new VOIPo world speed dial is called "outgoing call routing", and she can add her brother Henry to "contacts", and then add a speed dial under outgoing call routing. It's only 10 clicks more, and instead of retyping Henry's phone number she can just cut-and-paste... but apparently she dozed off while I was explaining.

On the upside, I am glad to see that outgoing call routing still has "Blocked", "Busy signal" and "Disconnected". So those who want to be very granular in preventing their family members from using telephone are well taken care of!
    We actually added a simplified "Speed Dial" page today which technically just creates call routes, but it's a simple page. All it asks for/shows is "Code" and "Destination".
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We actually added a simplified "Speed Dial" page today which technically just creates call routes, but it's a simple page. All it asks for/shows is "Code" and "Destination".
    It's a good start. It has everything that you guys need to implement the speed dial. Aunt Millie, however, thinks that without a Name field the page is peculiar (I would use a stronger word, but she is an old-fashioned lady). Does the page designer expect her to remember who these numbers belong to? Or the developers coded the page without any designer's guidance? Sure, Name is a useless field for them - so why put it!

Would it be possible to put the CallerID info beside the phone number in the Call History list? I know I can click on the number and see the CallerID info the the popup, but I think it would be handy to see it right on the main list.

Quote Originally Posted by RingyDingyDave View Post
    Would it be possible to put the CallerID info beside the phone number in the Call History list? I know I can click on the number and see the CallerID info the the popup, but I think it would be handy to see it right on the main list.
    This is one of those things that in theory is simple, but in telecom nothing is

It might be possible to show a name stored in "Contacts" (I can pass this suggestion on to our developers), but it's a lot harder to show the Caller ID name that we lookup. The reason is that we pay per lookup and we're contractually not allowed to store the looked up name and must do a new lookup every single time we use the name so that would add up quick if showing it on all of them whereas we only pay for a lookup on ones clicked on the current way.

Now if we used the "Contacts" name which is a name you enter then we don't need to do a lookup and can obviously store stuff that you enter yourself.

Would the contact name be as useful?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

It might be possible to show a name stored in "Contacts" (I can pass this suggestion on to our developers), but it's a lot harder to show the Caller ID name that we lookup. The reason is that we pay per lookup and we're contractually not allowed to store the looked up name and must do a new lookup every single time we use the name so that would add up quick if showing it on all of them whereas we only pay for a lookup on ones clicked on the current way.

Now if we used the "Contacts" name which is a name you enter then we don't need to do a lookup and can obviously store stuff that you enter yourself.

Sure, that would be better than nothing. But let me point out that CallerID info for each call is already buried in the Call History page-- it's there for the popup. Would you have to pay again to put the same data on the same page twice, once in a visible spot? (If so, I would suggest putting it in the visible spot, and removing it from the popup box.)

my last voip company has a list of the last 10-20 calls with the callerID name, that isn't stored as when another call comes in another one drops off the list(like the callerID on your home phone), and on the list you can add any of those numbers to Speed dial, forward, contact list, block number, etc(with one click). Right now its is a PAIN to copy and paste a number to anything. I end up writing the number down and finding the function i want to add that number to. then i have to find where i was before to get another number to do it again. I think this type of list might not be considered storing otherwise the other voip companies would be hit with those lookup fees too.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    my last voip company has a list of the last 10-20 calls with the callerID name, that isn't stored as when another call comes in another one drops off the list(like the callerID on your home phone), and on the list you can add any of those numbers to Speed dial, forward, contact list, block number, etc(with one click). Right now its is a PAIN to copy and paste a number to anything. I end up writing the number down and finding the function i want to add that number to. then i have to find where i was before to get another number to do it again. I think this type of list might not be considered storing otherwise the other voip companies would be hit with those lookup fees too.
    If you go to call history, you can click on the listed numbers to see the caller ID info and a drop-down menu to select routing options for future calls from and/or to each number. Just select your desired routing option and click the apply button.