User: 5618860661
    Pass: demo
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Coming in July...

Quote Originally Posted by zraken View Post
    Hmmm... if coming in July means July 31 at 11:59 pm I shudder to imagine when "very near future" might really be. Still can't believe I fell for that bait.
    C'mon Tim, you can do better than a shady salesman. Please be honest and admit that this promised feature is not coming in 2012.
    To be fair that's uncalled for.

Can someone please explain how the rollover options will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Barnes View Post
    Can someone please explain how the rollover options will work?
    We will announce new rollover options soon. It will be an addon to existing accounts that essentially allow you to add additional lines to the account. It's mainly intended for situations where multiple lines may be needed and all calls come into the same number. Similar to the "cloned line" concept that many of our plans include, but expandable to 8 lines instead of 2 (primary + the clone).
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I for the life of me can't find how long my account is paid for...

Unfortunately, my Aunt Millie who wants to use speed dials the way she used it on her first touch-tone phone 30 years ago (you know - speed dial number / name / optional telephone number) still can't do it. I tried to explain that in the new VOIPo world speed dial is called "outgoing call routing", and she can add her brother Henry to "contacts", and then add a speed dial under outgoing call routing. It's only 10 clicks more, and instead of retyping Henry's phone number she can just cut-and-paste... but apparently she dozed off while I was explaining.

On the upside, I am glad to see that outgoing call routing still has "Blocked", "Busy signal" and "Disconnected". So those who want to be very granular in preventing their family members from using telephone are well taken care of!

Quote Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
    I for the life of me can't find how long my account is paid for...
    Go to Account - Services. It should be listed in the "Next Renewal Date" column. If it's not or you need further help with it, just e-mail support@voipo.com and we can look it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ymhee_bcex View Post
    Unfortunately, my Aunt Millie who wants to use speed dials the way she used it on her first touch-tone phone 30 years ago (you know - speed dial number / name / optional telephone number) still can't do it. I tried to explain that in the new VOIPo world speed dial is called "outgoing call routing", and she can add her brother Henry to "contacts", and then add a speed dial under outgoing call routing. It's only 10 clicks more, and instead of retyping Henry's phone number she can just cut-and-paste... but apparently she dozed off while I was explaining.

On the upside, I am glad to see that outgoing call routing still has "Blocked", "Busy signal" and "Disconnected". So those who want to be very granular in preventing their family members from using telephone are well taken care of!
    We actually added a simplified "Speed Dial" page today which technically just creates call routes, but it's a simple page. All it asks for/shows is "Code" and "Destination".
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by redoneusa View Post
    To be fair that's uncalled for.
    I apologize if the language was rather crude, but I can't help feel let down by Tim when a concrete promise is now turning to be a vague hope of something happening in the "near future". Again, sorry if that came out bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zraken View Post
    I apologize if the language was rather crude, but I can't help feel let down by Tim when a concrete promise is now turning to be a vague hope of something happening in the "near future". Again, sorry if that came out bad.
    I understand that it can be frustrating when new features aren't released as quickly as we'd hoped for.

Unfortunately, sometimes we run into issues where it takes longer than planned. That's really just part of software development. It's not that we don't want to release things quickly...it's just that if we run into issues, we have to work through those issues and sometimes that takes time.

The new control panel has been a huge undertaking and we're very happy to have released it. We're hoping to add the other "coming soon" features soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com