Quote Originally Posted by MarkTomlinson View Post
Personally, I'm not too concerned about a slight increase in rates. Mostly because I've taken advantage of the special and I'm good for another couple of years at least. But also because compared to my previous VoIP provider (Comcast/Xfinity), VOIPo's rates are ridiculously low and the features are already better. So as long as VOIPo doesn't jack the rates up too much, I'll probably still be a happy camper.

I agree. I've always thought VOIPo rates were too low and the service suffered as a result. I have been teetering on the edge of leaving for awhile now because I have been plagued by problems calling and receiving calls from other VOIP systems, such as Star2Star, Cisco, etc. I get one fixed and then another will not work. Also incoming call routing has been spotty and have to reset the adapter frequently. At 1/4 the price (or less) than other vendors, the savings have been worth the occasional hassles, but I would have always been willing to pay a few more dollars per month for better performance and reliability.

PLEASE keep the included 2nd line and the ability to assign a second number to that line for $2/mo (or thereabouts). That's probably the most valuable feature - having the 2nd line be on the same plan/minutes as the first line.