Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Coming in July...

Default Re: Coming in July...

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Also..does anyone have any ideas for the "Home Page" or do you guys like it blank?

We're likely just going through put up something explaining the navigation (4 cats + alphabetical), but we're open to good ideas for it.
    Well,
    I would like to see some basic information there, a mixed informational page. For example displaying the last 5 made / received calls + the current billing amount + new voicemails + a "quick SMS" box where I can sent a short message instantly without having to go through the menu to the section - all nice aranged in sections (left and right) but then I could have stayed with Von*** and I would have had all of that.

At least a "Quick Access" section would be nice; ideally, it should be user configurable, so, users can put their own most used links there.

I really dislike the home page being blank.

Last few calls, voicemail, quick SMS, next due date, E911, caller ID info would be nice.

Also..does anyone have any ideas for the "Home Page" or do you guys like it blank?

We're likely just going through put up something explaining the navigation (4 cats + alphabetical), but we're open to good ideas for it.
    You can add a list of last 5 ot 10 incoming/outgoing calls.

Also, it might be a good idea to tell the "1200 international minute package" customers that how many minutes have they used in this billing cycle. That is unless you want them to use more than allowance and bill for rest.

This is one of those things that in theory is simple, but in telecom nothing is

It might be possible to show a name stored in "Contacts" (I can pass this suggestion on to our developers), but it's a lot harder to show the Caller ID name that we lookup. The reason is that we pay per lookup and we're contractually not allowed to store the looked up name and must do a new lookup every single time we use the name so that would add up quick if showing it on all of them whereas we only pay for a lookup on ones clicked on the current way.

Now if we used the "Contacts" name which is a name you enter then we don't need to do a lookup and can obviously store stuff that you enter yourself.

Would the contact name be as useful?
    my last voip company has a list of the last 10-20 calls with the callerID name, that isn't stored as when another call comes in another one drops off the list(like the callerID on your home phone), and on the list you can add any of those numbers to Speed dial, forward, contact list, block number, etc(with one click). Right now its is a PAIN to copy and paste a number to anything. I end up writing the number down and finding the function i want to add that number to. then i have to find where i was before to get another number to do it again. I think this type of list might not be considered storing otherwise the other voip companies would be hit with those lookup fees too.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    my last voip company has a list of the last 10-20 calls with the callerID name, that isn't stored as when another call comes in another one drops off the list(like the callerID on your home phone), and on the list you can add any of those numbers to Speed dial, forward, contact list, block number, etc(with one click). Right now its is a PAIN to copy and paste a number to anything. I end up writing the number down and finding the function i want to add that number to. then i have to find where i was before to get another number to do it again. I think this type of list might not be considered storing otherwise the other voip companies would be hit with those lookup fees too.
    If you go to call history, you can click on the listed numbers to see the caller ID info and a drop-down menu to select routing options for future calls from and/or to each number. Just select your desired routing option and click the apply button.

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    If you go to call history, you can click on the listed numbers to see the caller ID info and a drop-down menu to select routing options for future calls from and/or to each number. Just select your desired routing option and click the apply button.
    I still think it would be nice to have the CallerID data presented on the Call History page, right beside the phone number, just so I can easily see who called me. I don't necessarily want to establish routes for those calls. There would be no additional lookups required because the CallerID data is already present in the Call History page (do a View Source and you can see it). Does anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by RingyDingyDave View Post
    I still think it would be nice to have the CallerID data presented on the Call History page, right beside the phone number, just so I can easily see who called me. I don't necessarily want to establish routes for those calls. There would be no additional lookups required because the CallerID data is already present in the Call History page (do a View Source and you can see it). Does anyone else agree?
    We will keep your suggestion of adding the name to the main page in mind, but at this time we're not doing so since we'd need to do a double lookup to display it in 2 locations. Again, we'll keep it in mind for future consideration.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

(snip)
    We have a lot planned. After a lot of debate, we recently decided to shift our focus and we'll soon be moving away from the heavily discounted prepaid promotions and renewal offers. We'll be moving away from the heavy prepaid discounts shifting toward monthly plans so that we can focus on providing the highest quality service with the best features and support rather than simply trying to provide cheap phone service. We'd love to keep providing huge discounts, but we'd rather just focus on providing great service instead and have the margins to innovate.
    (snip)

Consider my input on this issue a vote in favor of a grandfather clause for existing customers. From VOIPo's point of view, the whole point of having an annual billing cycle is to reduce overhead in the billing department, and the bulk discount for annual billing reflects that reduction in billing overhead. If VOIPo's desire to raise rates is based on the need for venture capital to "innovate" (whatever that means?), then it's only fair to put that burden on those of us who cost you more to do business with by forcing you to generate 12 invoices per year instead of just one.
    Last edited by will; 08-14-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Hi There,

Its been 20 days since the new portal launch. I am eagerly waiting for ability to make international calls from my mobile. I travel a lot and I need this ability to talk to my family abroad. I dont want to carry VOIPO adapter with me since my wife also need to make international calls when I am out.

Please expedite !!!

As requested earlier, can you please display month to date minute usage of international calls made in the new vPanel.

With Regards

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPPRO View Post
    Hi There,

Its been 20 days since the new portal launch. I am eagerly waiting for ability to make international calls from my mobile. I travel a lot and I need this ability to talk to my family abroad. I dont want to carry VOIPO adapter with me since my wife also need to make international calls when I am out.

Please expedite !!!

As requested earlier, can you please display month to date minute usage of international calls made in the new vPanel.

With Regards
    We haven't announced this yet, but the ability to call international destinations using BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) has already been added. You would simply install a SIP softphone on your mobile device.

To enable international calling, login to the BETA control panel at https://beta.voipo.com and go to BETA - International Calling Security. Then set the BYOD toggle to "Enabled" and add the destinations you wish to call with BYOD to your "Whitelist" by following the instructions. You will then be able to call those whitelisted destinations via BYOD. You may have up to 5 countries on your BYOD whitelist at any given time. High-risk and high-fraud destinations remain blocked and cannot be whitelisted.

In the near future, we're also adding an "access number" that works like a calling card to call from registered external numbers as well. In the meantime, you should be able to access this using BYOD.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook