Thread: Thank you for the "Call Recording" feature

Default Thank you for the "Call Recording" feature

Tim; not sure what portion of the forum to put this, so I'm putting it here.

Some here know what I do for a living. I've been in the telecommunication business for more than 30 years. Currently, I maintain the phone system; as well as the leased circuits such as fiber, metro-ethernet, DS3, T1, cellular, etc... for the department of transportation for my state. I have a rather large phone system with more than 15 gateways and a number of standalone key systems and pbx's. Recently, a young lady who works for the department of transportation passed away in her sleep. Aside from the understandable mourning of her husband and parents, the mother had mentioned to the department head where the young lady worked, that she really loved hearing her daughter's voice on her voicemail. The department head asked me if there was a way they could get a copy of her voicemail. We don't have any recordings other than those tied into the E-911 system. So it seemed pretty bleak. The mother said that she understood, but it was a nice gesture by the department head.

I thought about it and called them back and said to hold on. (The voicemail was attached to a department number, and the department head was getting ready to "RE-RECORD" the message with a different person assigned). I told her to hold off for a couple minutes.

I grabbed my Android; turned on my SIP account; dialed *28 and the phone number of the young lady's voicemail. I hung up right after the message was done. VoipO automatically emailed me the WAV file. I asked the mom and department head to check their email, that I just sent them an email with an attachment. They both listed and both were excited and crying. I'm sure there are more practical reasons for having call recording. It's not something I usually use. But this made a family who lost their daughter very happy. She said that she and the family will listen to it many times in the future. Especially as they mourn and deal with their loss.

So thank you Tim. It may not be a real be deal, but it really helped out a family in mourning. Later... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Default Re: Thank you for the "Call Recording" feature

Nice story.

Default Re: Thank you for the "Call Recording" feature

Very cool.

It's always nice to hear about creative ways features were used especially when it's functionality that someone wouldn't have had with other services. It helps justify the time spent on some of the extra features that don't get used all the time when we hear about real live case studies where they were very useful or made a difference for someone.

Thanks for sharing!
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook