Thread: Early credit card billing

Default Early credit card billing

Why is it that VoIPo bills its customers' credit cards 5 days before their due date?
    Sorry, but my card is good and I don't need you 'making sure' the transaction goes through (early).

Default Re: Early credit card billing

Since our services are prepaid, we bill a few days before the final due date to make sure that the charge goes through so that customers have time to correct any outdated/invalid billing info prior to the final due date without any interruption in service if there is a declined payment.

If you have further questions about our billing, you can contact support@voipo.com.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

3 months ago I was billed early with over a year left on my subscription. This month I was billed again early with roughly 4 years left on my subscription! Same reason given each time... "It appears a small batch of renewals may have been processed earlier than they should have -- I'm very sorry for the inconvenience." 3 months ago I got tired of fighting it and agreed to extend the contract. This time I will go to the mat to fight it and get the charge reversed. I suspect they are doing this to everyone to generate cash - anyone else experiencing this practice?

Yes, the same thing happened to me about 2 months ago with the same excuse. I opened a support ticket and told them that I will not tolerate another unauthorized credit card charge. If it happens again, I will dispute it and port out to another provider. I've been with Voipo for 15 years and have never had this happen before. The owner (if it's still Timothy Dick) better put a stop to this shenanigans real quick.

Update:
    It's happening to a lot of other people too:
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/voipo.com
    Last edited by tritch; 08-23-2024 at 08:54 AM.