Thread: Voicemail Message Waiting Indicator/Light

Default Voicemail Message Waiting Indicator/Light

Hey All,

Just got the Voipo going, and everything is clicking along.

Just curious, is there a multi-handset phone system, where all of the handsets will make some kind of blinking, or message waiting action, so we can look at the phone and tell if there is voicemail message waiting? I know the stutter when you pick up, and all of the sms options, but I just want to know if this old school approach is an option, and if anyone can suggest a make // model of phone that will blink when there is a message on the Viopo system.

Or do I just let this go the way of the Dodo and embrace (and convince my wife) the new technology?

Thanks!
    Rob

Default Re: Voicemail Message Waiting Indicator/Light

I thought all cordless phones have MWI (message waiting indicator) light, usually combined with "charging" light (solid light means charging; blinking - MWI). I have Panasonic KX-TG7645 and my in-laws have Uniden DECT 1560 or 1580 (don't remember) - both have MWI light
    Last edited by ymhee_bcex; 10-12-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: missing end of first sentence

Thanks for the help!

Not all cordless phones have this feature, but many do. Many separate caller ID boxes (I have one that "speaks" the calling number) can also do this. I know mine works with VOIPo.
    Steve

It used to be that handsets with their own answering machine would not give the MWI light.
    They only had the stutter. I always avoided a base with the answering machine. Now-a-days
    it's hard to avoid not getting an answering machine - hopefully the handsets have improved.
    I'm still with a 5.8 Ghz Uniden without.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    It used to be that handsets with their own answering machine would not give the MWI light.
    They only had the stutter. I always avoided a base with the answering machine. Now-a-days
    it's hard to avoid not getting an answering machine - hopefully the handsets have improved.
    I'm still with a 5.8 Ghz Uniden without.
    I have had Uniden Dect 6 w/ answer machines in base and they have all had MWI lights.
    The latest one I have has all functions built into the base including phone book and CID.
    All accessible from the handsets including setting up the answer machine and retrieving messages via the handset.
    I keep a few spares on the shelf...I found mine on E-Bay-very inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I have had Uniden Dect 6 w/ answer machines in base and they have all had MWI lights.
    The latest one I have has all functions built into the base including phone book and CID.
    All accessible from the handsets including setting up the answer machine and retrieving messages via the handset.
    I keep a few spares on the shelf...I found mine on E-Bay-very inexpensive.
    I also use the same one. It gives me good results in my work.