Thread: Ringing after hang-up, anyone experience this?

Default Ringing after hang-up, anyone experience this?

Just when I thought the voipo stuff was doing ok now we have occasional issues where we hang up after answering an incoming call and then the phones start repeatedly doing a quick double ring. This morning it was happening and I had to power cycle the gateway.

Anyone else see this?

Default Re: Ringing after hang-up, anyone experience this?

Hello,

Out of curiosity - what Make & Model phone(s) are you using in conjunction with our service? Also do you have ANY intermediate connections between the VOIPo device and your phone(s)? i.e. House Wiring, Answering Machine, etc? Or is it purely Phone -> ATA?

Usually when this is happening it means that the on hook signal from your phone is not making it back to the ATA. Thus the call was not actually hung up and is notifying you that there is a party 'on hold' per say.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

I have not faced such situation yet. But I will remember this .

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Hello,

Out of curiosity - what Make & Model phone(s) are you using in conjunction with our service? Also do you have ANY intermediate connections between the VOIPo device and your phone(s)? i.e. House Wiring, Answering Machine, etc? Or is it purely Phone -> ATA?

Usually when this is happening it means that the on hook signal from your phone is not making it back to the ATA. Thus the call was not actually hung up and is notifying you that there is a party 'on hold' per say.

Late reply. ATA line 1 goes to splitter with one line to phone jack in wall and other to wireless base. Used to have line 1 to jack in wall and line 2 to wireless but then you couldn't pick up call answered on wall phone with wireless and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Hello,

My friend experienced this one and we do not know what to do. I was glad we encountered this question. We will definitely try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mr19 View Post
    Late reply. ATA line 1 goes to splitter with one line to phone jack in wall and other to wireless base. Used to have line 1 to jack in wall and line 2 to wireless but then you couldn't pick up call answered on wall phone with wireless and vice versa.
    Please remove house wiring from the equation. Leave ATA line direct to phone and advise if issue persists.

Thanks.

I have been having this problem the last couple of weeks, but it has only happened after sending or receiving faxes. I have been able to send and receive faxes in the past. I have a 4 in 1 wireless printer. I believe I have the printer connected to the surge protector and the adapter box for the grandstream is also connected to the surge protector. Then a phone wire goes from the surge protector to a wall outlet that connects to the phone handset in another room. Confusing, I know, but has been working until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by snebo87 View Post
    I have been having this problem the last couple of weeks, but it has only happened after sending or receiving faxes. I have been able to send and receive faxes in the past. I have a 4 in 1 wireless printer. I believe I have the printer connected to the surge protector and the adapter box for the grandstream is also connected to the surge protector. Then a phone wire goes from the surge protector to a wall outlet that connects to the phone handset in another room. Confusing, I know, but has been working until recently.
    Please remove house wiring from the equation. Leave ATA line direct to phone and advise if issue persists.

Thanks.