Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Porting Procedures?

Default Re: Porting Procedures?

Reduced to $5.99 for a month to get to 12 months, then canceled.
    All painless. They even give you 30 days to call back and say you
    changed your mind without setup fees.

All good marks for Packet8.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

We will see how porting away from P8 goes for me, tomorrow is the big day !!!!

Is tomorrow the big day that you send voipo the porting paperwork; or the day your port is scheduled to happen? I ask only because I never asked the question, per se, of when the port would happen. I sent VoipO the paperwork and they processed it. One day my packet8 phone won't work anymore and I guess I will then know to try one of my other lines. Or I call voipo. But it would be nice to know if there is/will be any notification process for when it's suppose to happen. I sent my paperwork in a little over a week ago. Something like 8-9 days. Not sure what to expect. Never "Ported" a number before. Later.... Mike.....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Here is the current process:

We submit your port and documentation to Level3 and wait while it is processed. It typically takes them about a week to process it, but that varies depending on the carriers involved, volume of ports, etc.

Once they have everything all set, Level3 will provide us with a completion date and time window.

Once we have that info from them, we will then e-mail you letting you know when the port will complete.

We've had some complete in less than a week and some that have taken about a month. Overall, the average porting times right now for us is about 2 weeks.

So the bottom line is, yes, we'll keep you informed and you'll know at least a few days ahead of time before your number ports in. We're not going to let it just happen without letting you know in advance.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Just to add to this, we have predefined messages that will be added to our billing system that we will be sending to customers as ports are accepted and the completion is scheduled, so it'll be automated.

I would imagine it would be relatively easy to put up a status checker, but it would only be updated as we changed it so I just didn't know if people would feel it's useful or not.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I can tell you Tim is the port master !!!!
    He rescued my 2nd number from SR after the melt down. The # came from a local company, One Communications and I know 3 people that work there, no one could help me, TS they said.

The port tomorrow is to PP....its my primary home number and just needs to work with out any complications (read nothing for me to fiddle with LOL) plus at the time I made the decision, we were still under the impression that VOIPO was not going to have international calling.
    I do have an account with VS that I use now for international, but again its KISS for the family !!!!!

Thanks for this thread. I'm about to start the porting process and it helps to know what to expect.

I would vote for the status checker personally. Even if it wasn't updated really often, I'd like to be able to check on it.

I am scheduled to have my port go through tomorrow. (Friday the 25th). Everything is set up and VoipO (Tim) has kept me informed of the process. (Albeit I am retarded and can't read emails properly when they are sent to me). But VoipO has been great on keeping me abreast.

Side note question?? All of my testing with VoipO with the Grandstream 286 has been with a single phone. Before these were given out, I used some various linksys adapters. My question is; has anyone used the Grandstream that VoipO provided in a "WHOLE HOUSE" type setup? Just wondering if that little cigarette pack size adapter has the ooomf needed to ring more than one phone? No big deal if it doesn't, because I have plenty of Linksys sitting around that I can configure. But I really am liking the grandstream and hope I can just swap out my Packet8 adapter with the Grandstream VoipO adapter. Thanks... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    I am scheduled to have my port go through tomorrow. (Friday the 25th). Everything is set up and VoipO (Tim) has kept me informed of the process. (Albeit I am retarded and can't read emails properly when they are sent to me). But VoipO has been great on keeping me abreast.

Side note question?? All of my testing with VoipO with the Grandstream 286 has been with a single phone. Before these were given out, I used some various linksys adapters. My question is; has anyone used the Grandstream that VoipO provided in a "WHOLE HOUSE" type setup? Just wondering if that little cigarette pack size adapter has the ooomf needed to ring more than one phone? No big deal if it doesn't, because I have plenty of Linksys sitting around that I can configure. But I really am liking the grandstream and hope I can just swap out my Packet8 adapter with the Grandstream VoipO adapter. Thanks... Mike....
    I can't speak to corded phones. I do have a 6 phone satellite system, but in reality only the base station connects. I did recently switch to the Dect6 frequency system and it virtually did away with the interference from microwave and other numerous cordless products I have lurking around the spectrum.

Maybe you can do the test yourself....

I hope your port goes as smoothly as mine did..

I have a 2-line 5.8Ghz UNIDEN and a I have a 1-line 5.8Ghz UNIDEN, that does my whole house, so I guess I am not taxing its power either. (And they get along great! I really just need to buy a 3rd 2-line or upgrade to 2-line DECT6.0, but I've not seen 2-line versions. And without answering machine is sometimes a pain to find in any decent phone.)

Whole house wiring has not existed for me, for many, many years - its so old school!

HMMMM... http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/RCA-V...oductDetail.do

No VM indicator
    Last edited by usa2k; 07-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!