Thread: BYOD Call Reception Latency

Default BYOD Call Reception Latency

Over the last couple of months, I have increasing been running into an issue where a call will come into my BYOD device, but, when I answer the call, the connection times out. Alongside this issue, I have noticed that when a call comes in, my ATA, with the same number, rings anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds before my BYOD rings (in the past, they both rang almost simultaneously). Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bink; 01-04-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: BYOD Call Reception Latency

Hello,

I'd be happy to look into this for you - simply shoot me over a Call Reference ID reproducing this behavior - this can be obtained in your Call History by clicking on Call From or Call To phone number for applicable call. Thanks!

Thanks for the prompt reply! The last call that exhibited this behavior was 1057943953_4949030@192.168.27.84.

2013/01/04 19:49:58.626337 VOIPO-NON-BYOD -> CLIENT-NON-BYOD:XXXX
    INVITE siphoneNumber@host;user=phone SIP/2.0.

U 2013/01/04 19:49:58.690939 CLIENT-NON-BYOD:XXXX -> VOIPO-NON-BYOD
    SIP/2.0 100 Trying.

U 2013/01/04 19:49:58.615705 VOIPO-BYOD -> CLIENT-BYOD:XXXX
    INVITE siphoneNumber@host;transport=udp SIP/2.0.

^^ We retransmit the INVITE several times and then actually timeout this call due to non-response.

Do you have any timestamp information as to when you actually receive our initial INVITE?

Also to add - you can see our INVITE between BYOD/NON-BYOD goes out within milliseconds of each-other.

My BYOD phone shows I received the call at 12:51 MDT, but I do not have a log of the invites. I will start logging this and when the issue happens again, I’ll provide you with more detail. Thank you for looking into this.

Hello,

No problem - yes please log the INVITE / timestamp AND your provisional response to INVITE / timestamp - this way we can compare and see which direction the latency is happening, whether the issue is from the time the packet leaves our wire and gets to you, or from the time you receive our packet and it leaves your wire and gets back to us. Thanks!

Brandon,

Thank you again for assisting me with this issue and providing me direction. I began logging my SIP traffic and, when this issue occurs, VOIPo sends three INVITES and my BYOD device takes 15 or more seconds to respond. I believe I have traced this down to a new Wi-Fi “optimization” feature that was introduced a few months ago with a software update for my BYOD. Since disabling this feature, I have not been able to reproduce the issue and call reception works as expected.

If something should change here in the future, I’ll update the thread.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    Brandon,

Thank you again for assisting me with this issue and providing me direction. I began logging my SIP traffic and, when this issue occurs, VOIPo sends three INVITES and my BYOD device takes 15 or more seconds to respond. I believe I have traced this down to a new Wi-Fi “optimization” feature that was introduced a few months ago with a software update for my BYOD. Since disabling this feature, I have not been able to reproduce the issue and call reception works as expected.

If something should change here in the future, I’ll update the thread.

Cheers.
    Great - glad to hear you got it working, it was my pleasure to be of assistance.

You have a great weekend!