Thread: Softphone Issues

Default Softphone Issues

Hello,

I'm trying to use the softphone feature of my residential beta account. I'm using X-lite on Linux.

I've tried every setting I can figure out and still can't connect. It says contact my network administrator.

I'm using:
    Enables: Yes
    Display name: my name (though it isn't supposed to matter)
    Username: my 10 digit phone number
    Authorization User: 10 digit phone number again
    Password: I've tried the password sent to my in welcome email and also the one that I changed my password to currently
    Domain realm: I've tried both codeblue.voipo.com:5080 (from the forums) and sip.voipwelcome.com which was in the softphone instructions emailed to me
    SIP Proxy: same as above
    OUtbound proxy: blank (as I don't know what to put here)
    Everything is else is default

Please help with any suggestions. I'm traveling and really could use the access!

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
    Rae

Default Re: Softphone issues

Rae,

If you could go more into detail as to what error response x-lite is giving to you. From the information you listed, you have used the correct settings. Be sure to use the sip.voipwelcome.com address.

Also, what version of x-lite are you running? If you have firewall software or antivirus software running, be sure it's not blocking the x-lite application from sending/receiving.

What type of network connection are you using? I ask this since you stated you are traveling. It's possible the port is blocked on the network.

Thank You,
    Joseph
    -----------------------------------
    Joseph Ruley
    www.visualdesignblinds.com

Hi Again,

Sorry, crazy week. For some reason, the next time I opened x-lite, it recognized the settings. It was the original password and not the one I changed it to, just for others to know.

Having said that, I had real problems getting x-lite to work. I'm running the newest version available on Linux which is version 2. For some reason, it just locks up a lot. I ended up using Twinkle (which is also available on Linux) and except for a little delay and a little bit of a hollow sound, it worked fine. It seems very software dependent as Ekiga had great incoming sound but sounded like a dying cat digitally garbled on outgoing.

So, thanks for your help! I'm glad that it's working now. Really helpful to have softphone access while traveling.

One note about this. Changing password in vPanel only affects vPanel password. The SIP password cannot be changed by users.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    Hi Again,

Sorry, crazy week. For some reason, the next time I opened x-lite, it recognized the settings. It was the original password and not the one I changed it to, just for others to know.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Softphone Issues

Thanks for the info on that Tim. That's helpful to know!