Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call Timer ?

Default Call Timer ?

My wife was on a call yesterday and the phone just died at the 30 minute mark. She heard a fast busy signal in the middle of her conversation. Is this just a one time event, or are calls set to cut off after 30 minutes ?

Default Re: Call Timer ?

I doubt it. I've been on 60 min calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    My wife was on a call yesterday and the phone just died at the 30 minute mark. She heard a fast busy signal in the middle of her conversation. Is this just a one time event, or are calls set to cut off after 30 minutes ?
    was it an outbound call?
    FWIW, I've been experiencing this several times with my SPA1001 on sip.voipwelcom.com lately

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

I made a call yesterday for 1:39 minutes and did not get cut off. What I had experienced yesterday is fast busies when dialing another number right after hanging up from a call. Also, I cannot get 3 way calling to work.

Dunno if this is related, but I am now unable to make outbound calls. I get CONGESTION.

p.s. I opened a ticket...
    Last edited by dswartz; 08-07-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Updated info

No problems in my area..

All OK here, although I did have to reboot the ATA the other day as I could not make out going calls then but incoming was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    was it an outbound call?
    FWIW, I've been experiencing this several times with my SPA1001 on sip.voipwelcom.com lately
    Yes it was. I'm using a PAP2T.

Yes it was. I'm using a PAP2T.
    do some more outbound calls to see if it's still a problem
    My outbound call lost incoming audio 30 minutes later this morning (the other party still heard me fine)

I suspect that 2wire 2701HG-B NAT handling is the culprit, but I cannot prove it yet as the ATA is out of state

FWIW, inbound calls are fine

VOIPoNorm Guest

One way audio problems can most of the time be traced to NAT (I agree with what you suspect). The loss of inbound RTP (audio) sometime after the call started might indicate the router (performing NAT) has closed the RTP port.

Can you try to correlate the time before the loss of audio happens with one the NAT router timeout settings ? If you can find a match, it would help to get a little closer to the source of the problem.

Regards,
    Norm