Thread: Cost per month clarification

Default Cost per month clarification

I have been researching VOIP services and so far believe Voipo to be the most value for the money.
    However! I wish Voipo and just about all other service providers would just be upfront in your ads and
    promotions about fees and extra charges and give the customer the benifit of knowing when other
    companys charge a low price it might be because it is full of undislosed costs. With that being said I
    would like someone to clarify Voipo's total charges. I have listed them below after spending considerable time
    researching the Voipo site to determine what they are. If these are the true cost they are very reasonable.
    Why don't you just say what I have listed below in the first place. This would save everyone a lot of
    time and effort. Also, Are there any additional fees I may not be aware of. In other words is this price
    exactly what I would be billed if I sign up for Voipo! Thank You!

1st year = $149.00 for 2 yr (Paid upfront)
    $36.00 fees (1.50 x 24)
    $185.00 total
    / 24 months
    = 7.71 per month for first two years

3rd year = $149.00 for 1 yr (Paid upfront)
    $18.00 fees (1.50 x 12)
    $167.00 total
    / 12 months
    = 13.91 per month for 3rd year (current price - may increase with inflation)

03/02/2013
    Well I thought this was the company I would go with but since they cant seem to answer a simple cost question
    I guess I will research some other companies.
    Last edited by MRCLUNKER; 03-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Default Re: Cost per month clarification

Hello,

This forum is used as a community driven knowledgebase and is not actively monitored for sales or support requests.

To answer your question - our standard annual rate is $149.00 + $36.00 tax ($185.00 total annually).

Our introductory rate is essentially $149.00 + $36.00 tax for two years (50%).

So to confirm, your first calculation is correct as of the time I write this response, assuming you have no International charges or fees incurred.

As for the 3rd year calculation it would be $15.42/month all inclusive (service fee + tax).

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Have a great week!

My mistake, Price still sounds good. Still thinking about it but Voipo is at the top of my list!

Quote Originally Posted by MRCLUNKER View Post
    3rd year = $149.00 for 1 yr (Paid upfront)
    $18.00 fees (1.50 x 12)
    $167.00 total
    / 12 months
    = 13.91 per month for 3rd year (current price - may increase with inflation)
    Your calculation for the third year is wrong.

After the first two years Voipo charges always $3 per month for Taxes & Fees (you can check that for yourself by going to Voipo's order page, choose "Monthly" in the Plan Selection section and scroll down to the Order Details section). This would make for one year $149 for the VOIP service and $36 for "Taxes & Fees" = $185 for 12 months = $15.42 per month.

Why Voipo charges $3 per month for Taxes & Fees I don't understand. When I go onto the Basictalk website and click onto "Cost Break Down" and put my zip code in I get a total of $1.87 for Taxes & Fees, and when I put Voipo's zip code in (92660) I get an even lower total of only $1.12 for Taxes & Fees.

To me it looks as if Voipo is heavily overcharging for Taxes & Fees - and no matter how good or "likeable" they are otherwise, this is simply not ok.

Every provider out there charges differently for taxes / fees. If you want to know what the taxes and fees are contact VoiPo or call them to ask the question what the fees are likely to be. Many providers don't even quote the number as there is so much variation. I would not consider $3 per month in taxes and fees too expensive. $3 is comparable with what I paid PhonePower back when I had them.

It's very competitive and if you go too much into detail you'll see that most are the same. But I haven't had any problems.