Thread: CPC and HT-286

Default CPC and HT-286

I happened to be home yesterday when someone called.
    I let the answering machine handle it. The caller hung up; however,
    I ended up with an annoying "off hook/reoder" pulsing Klaxon tone recorded on my machine

updated:
    I thought the annoying "off hook/reoder" tone was recorded only when the callers hung up without leaving a message. It got recorded when the callers left a message as well - at the end of the recorded message

It seemed that the HT-286 was "too slow" in detecting that the calling party has disconnected.

I experienced the same issue while I was with another VOIP provider. Fortunately, I was able to fixed it by tweaking the "CPC delay" and the "CPC duration" on the linksys/sipura ATA.

Looking through the HT-286 documentation, I did not see any provision for CPC.
    The "Onhook Threshold" seems to be the closest thing.

updated:
    further reading tells me that I was wrong about "Onhook Threshold":
    The "Onhook Threshold" is for the hook flash/call waiting purposes!

Assuming that the HT-286 does not allow any CPC tweaking, is there anything can be done with the SIP server?

Yeah, I know, I'm olde schooled, but I still like to use the answering machine
    (so that I can screen calls)
    Last edited by voxabox; 09-24-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: correct info about "Onhook Threshold"
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Default Re: CPC and HT-286

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    As an aside, I am hoping one day the ATA will do the message processing with a screening option. If no answer, besides recording the message, the message and envelope could get forwarded to designated email destination(s). Old school/New school at their best

I envision this ATA with a digital answering machine buttons built in, and phone key sequences, so you don't need to be at it to control it.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    I happened to be home yesterday when someone called.
    I let the answering machine handle it. The caller hung up; however,
    I ended up with an annoying "off hook/reoder" pulsing Klaxon tone recorded on my machine

updated:
    I thought the annoying "off hook/reoder" tone was recorded only when the callers hung up without leaving a message. It got recorded when the callers left a message as well - at the end of the recorded message

It seemed that the HT-286 was "too slow" in detecting that the calling party has disconnected.

I experienced the same issue while I was with another VOIP provider. Fortunately, I was able to fixed it by tweaking the "CPC delay" and the "CPC duration" on the linksys/sipura ATA.

Looking through the HT-286 documentation, I did not see any provision for CPC.
    The "Onhook Threshold" seems to be the closest thing.

updated:
    further reading tells me that I was wrong about "Onhook Threshold":
    The "Onhook Threshold" is for the hook flash/call waiting purposes!

Assuming that the HT-286 does not allow any CPC tweaking, is there anything can be done with the SIP server?

Just came home to find several annoying reorder tone "messages" on the answering machine
    Apparently, the HT-502 (Program-- 1.0.1.8 Bootloader-- 1.0.0.9 Core-- 1.0.0.23 Base-- 1.0.0.6) still exhibits the same annoying behaviour; however it seems to happen less frequently (than the HT-286);
    Last edited by voxabox; 10-21-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: fixed grammar - should of paid attention in grade school
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!

the wife just complained to me about this problem
    hopefully it can be fixed before I hear about it from my parents
    Ticket submitted: BLE-267247
    Last edited by voxabox; 10-21-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added ticket ID
    my wish list:

ticket got resolved pretty quickly: issue has been forwarded to developers.
    however, it was marked closed
    I put it back to onto "hold" as it's awaiting for dev/vendor resolution

I wish I had participated in beta testing the GS/HT ATA
    my wish list: