Thread: HT-286 audio delay (answering incoming calls)

Default HT-286 audio delay (answering incoming calls)

Since we started using VOIPo supplied HT-286 ATA, we've experienced 1-3 ms audio delay with answering incoming calls - my wife is getting tired of saying "hello, hello, hello,..."

Initially, I thought the delay was caused by VT "internet forwarding" - I had to do this as my number has not been ported yet; There is a post about the very same issue on the Grandstream's forums

FWIW, my SPA1001 does not exhibit the same behaviour (same network configuration); unfortunately, due to session timer handling issue, I cannot use the SPA1001 to work around the problem

I'm interested in hearing if anyone (with VOIPo provisioned ATAs) notices the same behaviour

Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

Default Re: HT-286 audio delay (answering incoming calls)

20 views and no comments
    I take it that none has experienced the same issue
    Lucky me
    I guess
    I"ll submit a ticket - Ticket ID: UNZ-191324
    Last edited by voxabox; 10-08-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added Ticket ID
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!

I can say that I haven't noticed it. My wife is on the phone a lot so I'm sure I would have heard about it by now. The only complaint I have heard from her so far is the goofy call waiting tones, no MWI on my Panasonic phones, and my adapter hard locks up on occasion. VOIPo support enabled some additional logging on mine so they can see what was going on if it locks up hard again.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I can say that I haven't noticed it. My wife is on the phone a lot so I'm sure I would have heard about it by now. The only complaint I have heard from her so far is the goofy call waiting tones, no MWI on my Panasonic phones, and my adapter hard locks up on occasion. VOIPo support enabled some additional logging on mine so they can see what was going on if it locks up hard again.

Scott
    Scott,

Thanks for your comments...
    It's good to hear that you did not notice this issue

Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

I too have not noticed this delay on my GS adapter.
    Last edited by NY Tel Guy; 10-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voxabox View Post
    20 views and no comments
    No delay here.

In addition I have had no adapter lockup. Could it be from a under/overvoltage?

I don't think my lockups are power related. I have it on a UPS with my computer, so the power is pretty clean. In general power is clean where I live too. Hopefully the logs show something. It happened twice in 3 weeks, so it is very intermittent.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I don't think my lockups are power related. I have it on a UPS with my computer, so the power is pretty clean. In general power is clean where I live too. Hopefully the logs show something. It happened twice in 3 weeks, so it is very intermittent.

Scott
    If its going through a UPS then you are OK. I just asked because I have run into other equipment that doesn't play nice with poor power quality.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by zevin View Post
    If its going through a UPS then you are OK. I just asked because I have run into other equipment that doesn't play nice with poor power quality.
    Yes but frequently a bad power supply will take anything down even if plugged into a UPS>

Thumbs up Re: HT-286 audio delay (answering incoming calls)

VOIPo sent me a HT-502
    Replacing the HT-286 with the H-502 seems to have fixed the problem
    Once in a while, we encounter a partial "hello", but most of the time we do not have any delay (as we did with the HT-286)
    my wish list: