Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hardware Update

Default Re: Hardware Update

Not sure if this was covered or not. This thread is now 9 pages. Sorry if it is and I didn't read all of them.

Just got the new 502 adapter today. So far, pretty good. It resolved certain issues (Not VoipO's problems, just the way I have my house wired up). However, there are now a couple of other issues that only happened since installing the 502.

1) My outgoing caller ID no longer shows my name properly. Instead of my number and my name, it shows my number and then my number AGAIN in place of where the NAME should be. I've opened a ticket online for that one.

2) On incoming calls, I would get 5 rings even if the other part hung up after 1. If you answer it, you'd get a fast busy. However, maybe the adapter needs to "Get Use to it's new home". After doing this about 5 straight times, it now stops ringing if the calling parting hangs up. I purposely called and waiting for voicemail, left myself a message, and then hung up. After checking and deleting the voicemail, I can now call the home phone (502) and it will stop ringing if I hang up on the call. Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else had something similar.

3) I also noticed that after installing the 502, that any of my call routing; e.g. 411, 511, etc... that I programmed into my vpanel was hit or miss. Sometimes it would go through and sometimes it would give me the recording of my call could not go through. But just like the incoming ringing, it seems to have "Fixed itself". I'm sure that the adapter was just a little shy, moving to a new home. Instead of every other call not making it, it now is good about 8 out of 10 times. If I press the # after dialing 411, 511, etc... then it works perfectly each time. Again, no big issue for me. Not worth opening up a ticket. Just wanted to mention it in case someone else tries a 501 and gets something similar. later... mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Tim, if someone wants a 2nd VOIPo line on their GrandStream today, will you support that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Tim, if someone wants a 2nd VOIPo line on their GrandStream today, will you support that?
    The provisioning system was designed for associating a single line with each each device since it was designed for the 286's, so we need to make some changes to it for 2 lines on 1 device.

For the time being, we can give you the info and help you configure the 2nd line port manually.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook