Thread: advantages of VoIP over normal phone system??

Default advantages of VoIP over normal phone system??

I need to buy a new phone for the house but I've see that most are compatible with VoIP but worth some buck. Is it worth it? Can you give me some advice about the whole system of VoIP?

I currently have a BT Line and Sky Tv with broadband package. We used phones mostly in evenings and in weekends.

All replies would be highly appreciated.

Default Re: advantages of VoIP over normal phone system??

Depends on your level of usage. I see you mention BT and Sky- voipo only really serves the US market. For home / small home office use I would stick with an ATA adapter with any flavour of phone from a Dixons something like that.

yeah I heard and read that ATA would be perfect for this kind of set up and they are reliable and can be with any brand of phone. Maybe I should go choose ATA instead.

But may I go to my question what really are the advantages of VOIP?

For us cheap price. I'm paying around $6/month with VoipO and if I had a land line it would be $40+/month.
    Also, we only use it in addition to our cell phones (don't want to use up too many minutes on cell plans). I can also use my cell phone to make calls via VoipO if I don't want to use my cell minutes where I have a good WiFi connection.

-Cary
    www.caryontech.com

Quote Originally Posted by csiemers View Post
    For us cheap price. I'm paying around $6/month with VoipO and if I had a land line it would be $40+/month.
    Also, we only use it in addition to our cell phones (don't want to use up too many minutes on cell plans). I can also use my cell phone to make calls via VoipO if I don't want to use my cell minutes where I have a good WiFi connection.
    hmmm....That is great. VOIP is really affordable I guess and more practical, I guess.

Cool Re: advantages of VoIP over normal phone system

Quote Originally Posted by kathymiles View Post
    I need to buy a new phone for the house but I've see that most are compatible with VoIP but worth some buck. Is it worth it? Can you give me some advice about the whole system of VoIP?

I currently have a BT Line and Sky Tv with broadband package. We used phones mostly in evenings and in weekends.

All replies would be highly appreciated.
    Hello ! According to my knowledge VoIP phone system is a good system that can help your home in saving expensive monthly.But problem is that
    call from VOIP can be received by pstn modem. But pstn cannot make a call to VoIP number.
    You need to consider the following factors
    1. linex/channel/extension
    2. how many user.
    3. internet connection
    So According to my advice VOIP is expensive for you.