Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing voice on calls for over a year now...

Default Re: Losing voice on calls for over a year now...

I don't have any ports specified on my ATA as open nor have it setup as a DMZ. The only thing I have is the ATA has a static IP. I think it's more of the peculiarities of the router you have and how it operates with your setup.

I disagree with blaming it on the router. The advice from Voipo directly is to open a huge amount of ports. Conversely I received a VOIP phone from work and they had me open 2 ports ONLY if needed and I was having troubles.

http://www.voipo.com/help/article/ba...-guide-20.html

I have the device sitting directly on the cable modem/router from Comcast in the DMZ, i.e nothing is blocking. Still having issues.

I am not blaming the router, I am just pointing out I have no ports forwarded and my ATA is not sitting behind a DMZ and I have no problems. There is obviously a difference between your router setup and mine unless Comcast is blocking the ports for you.
    Last edited by voipinit; 08-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    I am not blaming the router, I am just pointing out I have no ports forwarded and my ATA is not sitting behind a DMZ and I have no problems. There is obviously a difference between your router setup and mine unless Comcast is blocking the ports for you.
    I really with that was the case with mine. I'm not sure why I, or others, would need traffic forwarded. It just seems to happen.

Josh

YES BLAME THE ROUTER! Not all routers are equal. Some routers are designed to identify packets, and prioritize real-time applications (RTA) better than others.
    Joe Siepka