Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

I have a question. Seeing as a business pbx client must also have a phone number from the reseller in order to forward the number to an extension in the pbx, wouldn't it be advantagous for the reseller to be able to have the option to enable a pbx in the clients phone number control panel?

This will be better for the client, as the client will only have to log into one control panel rather than two (phone number and pbx control panels)

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    I have a question. Seeing as a business pbx client must also have a phone number from the reseller in order to forward the number to an extension in the pbx, wouldn't it be advantagous for the reseller to be able to have the option to enable a pbx in the clients phone number control panel?

This will be better for the client, as the client will only have to log into one control panel rather than two (phone number and pbx control panels)
    I like the idea of adding the service to an active account but they are not required to have a phone number from the reseller...

Since a client is forwarding their phone number to a sip address rather than to another phone number, would a person overseas be able to forward their phone number to a sip address in the PBX in the cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Since a client is forwarding their phone number to a sip address rather than to another phone number, would a person overseas be able to forward their phone number to a sip address in the PBX in the cloud?
    Correct - SIP is phone number "agnostic". You can forward any phone number essentially to one of the extensions sip addresses, the phone number itself does not really matter, the end request-uri/destination does.

So lets say you forward [insert phone number here] to sip:1000@mypbx.voipo.com [insert phone number here] would route to "1000" @ mypbx.voipio.com so extension 1000 would pickup the call.

You could also alternatively route to sip:[insert phone number here]@mypbx.voipo.com and configure the phone number and extension that it would route to.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Brandon, makes sense to me, thanks for the info.

i'm not able to get IVR to play the sound file that it says was uploaded. all i get is no sound but can press a number and that works. also the timeout extension doesn't work it just times out and disconnect the connection.

can you do something with this annoying menu bar that keep coming out and covering up the configuration your trying to change.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    can you do something with this annoying menu bar that keep coming out and covering up the configuration your trying to change.
    The side menu on left? We've been debating about having it fully expanded vs keeping it hidden until clicking menu.

If that's what you're talking about, maybe that answers the question
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yes I liked it when it was collapsed unless clicked on

Quote Originally Posted by uf_shane View Post
    Yes I liked it when it was collapsed unless clicked on
    OK, we'll likely switch it back this week then...have had a few complaints.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook