Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loop Current Disconnect

VOIPoJustin Guest

Lightbulb Loop Current Disconnect

We've pushed out a small change in the HT502 default provisioning, enabling the 'Loop Current Disconnect' feature with a current disconnect duration of 200 milliseconds.

Essentially, all this does is cut the 'fast busy' signal you'd get when still on the phone after someone disconnects. This is probably most noticeable when you have an answering machine in usage instead of your voice mail, the caller hangs up, and your answering machine is left recording a long and annoying fast busy!

Default Re: Loop Current Disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoJustin View Post
    We've pushed out a small change in the HT502 default provisioning, enabling the 'Loop Current Disconnect' feature with a current disconnect duration of 200 milliseconds.

Essentially, all this does is cut the 'fast busy' signal you'd get when still on the phone after someone disconnects. This is probably most noticeable when you have an answering machine in usage instead of your voice mail, the caller hangs up, and your answering machine is left recording a long and annoying fast busy!
    FWIW,
    I;ve been experimenting with the settings...
    while setting the current disconnect duration to the min. value (100ms) does not completely solve my problem with the answering machine recording the fast busy tone (ticket #BLE-267247), it helps keep it short(er)

I wish GS

1. let us specify a shorter value for the setting
    2. provided a setting that allows delaying emitting of fast busy (upon loop disconnection)

Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

VOIPoJustin Guest

What happens exactly? Your answering machine picks up even before that 100ms duration is over?

What happens exactly? Your answering machine picks up even before that 100ms duration is over?
    VOIPoJustin, take a look at the ticket(BLE-267247)
    even with "Loop Current Disconnect" enabled and "Current disconnect duration" of 200,
    the answering machine is still able to record the fast busy tone (just a little bit shorter) after the caller hangs up
    perhaps I can try a longer duration for "Current disconnect duration" - I;ve not tried anything longer than 200 ms
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!

I'd recommend going longer. The answering machine 'hangs up' when it detects the loop disconnect, and a longer disconnect would be easier to detect. FWIW, choosing something like 1 second is closer to a 'hook flash'; when I've played with the feature on my PAP, I found 500 - 750ms to work well.

VOIPoJustin Guest

I advised him to boost the ms up and try again. Sounds like we may want to make the default around 600ms as opposed to shorter, just to make sure the signal is lasting long enough answering machines to catch.

Sorry guys, I've been too busy...
    anyways, here is the scoop:

Setting 'Loop Current Disconnect Duration' to 200-300 ms seems to have fixed my problem with the answering machine recording the busy tone; however, the answering machine was able to record a short (10-15 ms) dial tone (just right after the callers left their messages and hung up). I personally tested this condition via both cell and regular POTS phones

Setting 'Loop Current Disconnect Duration' to 3000ms did not seem to cause any problem nor improve anything

FWIW, I did not remember what I did to the SPA-1001 that fixed the very same problem when I had ViaTalk, but I'm glad that the situation has tremendously improved

Cheers,
    -v
    my wish list:

Perhaps I missed it, but did you try between 500 and 1000 ms? If so, how did that work?

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Perhaps I missed it, but did you try between 500 and 1000 ms? If so, how did that work?
    fisamo,
    no I did not
    I did try 3000 ms - see this post - and it did not cause nor improve anything
    Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that the busy tone (after the callers hang up) is not recorded by the answering machine
    my wish list:

Hi, Justin....

I dug out this ancient post as I believe the problem has returned.
    Now with the PAP2 instead of the 502, what should the correct setting be and where is it in the PAP2?

My memory fades quickly, but for a long while with the PAP2, I don't recall hearing the fast busy recording on my answer machine. I don't use the system VM. It seems to have returned the last few days, but I can't swear to it..

Thanks...

burris