Wow what a deal! Not only great telephone service but competent, responsive customer service as well!

Received from my previous service provider "if you are dissatisfied with the lack of features [that originally been offered, but have since been removed] and your recent problems with quality, you may wish to find an alternative service". I could NOT believe it! Telling me to go elsewhere! I was ready to complain to management about their csr response, but then I read some recent articles that the company is getting out of voip services because they are not making enough profit, so I figured such a "go elsewhere" response was actually management directive.

My main concern is sustainability with such low prices. Sometimes I wish I could take a peek at their accounting book.

But until I receive the dreaded "We are sorry ..." notice, I've been desperately trying to get my friends and family on VOIPO, not only for a free month of service, but also I endorse VOIPO.com as the highest value. My previous service provider charged me $50 when I called my cousin in England, or subscribe to their international plan at even higher cost! I could not believe that voipo provides free international minutes as part of their basic plan!

Wonderful service COME TO VOIPO