I know this is a strange question here but maybe someone here can help me nonetheless.

I am since a couple of months a Voipo customer and it simply does not work. In almost all of my phone calls the other party complains about frequent cut outs that make it impossible to understand me (so that I have to end the call and use my cell phone instead). This only applies to my outgoing voice - I can always understand the other party very well. My ISP is Suddenlink (cable) with usually more than 10 Mbit down and more than 1 Mbit up. Just today I had three local calls in which all three callers complained within the first seconds of the call that they could not understand me and I had to call all of them back on my cell phone.

I have spent many hours in various chats with Voipo support we have tried whatever can be tried (i. e. putting the ATA into DMZ and raising the jitter level of the ATA to the highest level) but it is not getting better. In the last chat I mentioned that my calls with Google Voice seem to have never quality problems and that I don't understand why it works there and not with Voipo and the Voipo person answered that the reason would be the codec - Google would use a codec with compression which can handle jitter better than the lossless codec (G711u) that Voipo uses. I guess it is something comparable to flac and mp3 for audio files - well, I'm fine with mp3, I actually don't hear any difference with my audio equipment.

As unfortunate as it is - I think it is time to say bye bye to Voipo. However, it would be really sad if I could not have any "pseudo landline" anymore. I have three cordless phones in different parts of my house and would like to be able to continue using them for incoming and outgoing calls.

Are there recommendable alternatives to Voipo that use compressed codecs? The best alternative would be, of course, Google Voice with an Obihai ATA but unfortunately this would work only for a couple of more months before Google stops allowing this ATA for Google Voice. I therefore have to look for something different than Google.

Would be great if I could get some tips here. Thanks.

Greetings - wimax