Thread: No dial tone every few weeks with VOIPO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No dial tone every few weeks with VOIPo

Almost two years ago, I switched to VOIPo from our local ISP.

Every few weeks, we notice that we can't make a call because there isn't a dial tone. All we have to do to solve this issue is to press the hangup button on our cordless phone a couple of times and everything is good again.

During one of these "down" times, we also can't receive any calls. The calls will go to our VOIPo voice mail box instead of ringing our phone or going to the our answering machine (when we aren't home).

I've added port forwarding within my router last year to try and solve the issue, but like clock work, the issue seems to come back every few weeks.

Has anyone seen such an issue before? Is it possible its my actual cordless phone system not hanging up a previous call correctly (it is a newer AT&T phone that I had with my previous ISP that gave me no issues on their system).

Overall, I'm happy with the VOIPo service. Call quality is good and price is extremely fair, but this constant issue is making me consider not renewing my account when it comes due in a couple of months.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

LD
    Last edited by LazyDog; 02-22-2014 at 08:40 AM.