Quote Originally Posted by JacobsLive View Post
So far I found the system is simple and very straight forward.

Some additional information would be grateful. I am posting this here because the answers would be helpful for another beta testers as well.

1. What are the uploaded .mp3 file requirement? I have tested some clips with 128kbps and they are not playing back when tried to certain extensions (IVR, VoiceMail etc)
2. Currently there is no option to set a call transfer to a sip address using a voipo main number? Will that be considered so that we can test the PBX/IVR from an external network?

Suggestions:
Adding music or recording playback while the call is being transferred to an extension would be nice in addition to hold on music as others already requested.
Thanks for the feedback. How does the functionality compare to what you're currently using?

1) This will need to be answered by a developer. We'll get back to you.

2) Yes, you can use SIP addresses throughout VOIPo. In your vPanel, just put a SIP address (format sip:123@domain.com) instead of a phone number as the forwarding destination and it should route to the SIP address.

3) Music on hold should already be there if the SIP client sends the hold signaling. Did you test it and get silence or just suggesting?

4) We'll add music during transfer to suggestion list.